Chapter Fourteen: The Next Chapter

Dominic

"Sì mama, I will."

"Uh huh."

"Of course."

"Okay."

I sent a quick smile to Amara who was now leaning against the wall patiently waiting for my call to end, my mother had so many things to say - she was horribly excited. I'd already went through this with Amara and she had readily agreed having never travelled to Italy before. Since the brawl on the street it had become apparent that our stay in NYC was surely coming to a close. So I decided to move our trip to Italy to today, staying in the city was no longer an option available to us. Evidently I'd scheduled our plane to leave at four, giving plenty of time for the woman to pack her belongings.

"Mama, we will see you there okay?" I pushed. My eyes flickered over to Amara who was clutching her chest like this was the cutest thing she'd ever heard. Women are a mystery. "Okay, ti amo. Arrivederci."

"I love your mom."

"You haven't even met her yet."

"I know that." she scoffed cross her arms and stomping out of the room, "Hurry up!" 

I rolled my eyes, grabbing my duffel bag that held only the simplest of things and making sure I hadn't left anything behind. I closed the door behind me then jogged downstairs where Amara stood near the door with a bored look on her face. "Impossible woman." I mumbled moving to open the door and stepping aside for her to walk through.

"Thanks." 

"Mhm." I hummed as I locked the door and led the way to the garage. I looked around, so many of my cars where here. I groaned realising I'd have to pick my absolute favourite and take that with me because I wouldn't be back for a long while. I heard a giggle from behind me and turned to give Amara a well deserved glare. "Okay," I smiled bitterly, "Which car would you like to take Ms. Ackerman?"

"Whatever can carry the most baggage because I kid you not - you'll need the boot space." she replied looking around. I realised the woman was probably very much drowning in clothing, I expected at least six suitcases for her things alone. I was sure we could fit some of them in the back seat along with the boot so any car was fine, not helping to narrow it down for sure. 

"Any one sweetheart."

"Oh," she jumped walking through to the near back I watched her hips sway as she walked, "This one." I turned to my gaze to the direction she was pointing. Lamborghini Veneno.

"Impressive taste." I commented swinging the duffel bag over my shoulder and grabbing the keys for the car from the hook. I stopped mid-step turned around and decided to bring all the keys with me, getting robbed now was a real high chance. I dropped them in my duffel bag and ignored Amara smirking from the back of the garage. I clicked the remote opening the car.

"This one looks so cool." she marvelled. I chuckled at her innocence, how adorable.

"They only made three models. I pre-ordered it before it came out." I informed.

"Wow," she said running her hand along the hood of the car, "How much was it?" she looked to me with wide eyes.

I smiled, "3.9 million dollars."

"Uh, okay," she breathed, "Good on you."

"Thanks." I nodded for her to enter before getting in myself and swinging the bag to the back seat. I started up then reversed, I felt glad now that she'd chosen a car from the very back - I think that may have been one of the important factors to her decision.