Chapter Twenty-Three: Interrogation

Amara

"Where are you going?" I asked, flipping over to watch Dominic halfway out the door. He looked like a deer caught in headlights, was I that much of a nuisance?

"Downstairs." He answered before slowly exiting whilst I watched his every move with narrowed eyes. The door clicked shut, I scoffed.

I climbed out of bed, rubbing my temple. This bullsh-t with Dominic was giving me a serious headache, why was he so persistent on not telling me what's wrong? I looked down at what I was wearing, weren't we interrogating someone today?

The word 'we' was incorrectly used in that sentence, "Dominic is interrogating someone today." I breathed, "Not me." I honestly have no boundaries, I have to chastise myself so often.

I ran a hand through my hair before leaving the room in search of Dominic, like it or not – I just wanted to get to know him better – that's all. I nodded to Donna in the hallway, I was in my pyjamas but thankfully they didn't look like it. Just a pair of logo shorts and a tank with a lacy bra. I looked like I planned to spend the whole day eating popcorn and watching romantic comedies. I found Leo in the kitchen sneaking fruit from a platter he was cutting up, I frowned then sat at the counter.

"What are you doing?" I asked smiling.

"Taking food down t-"

"To...?" I pushed for an answer but I didn't get one.

"You have a good sleep?" he changed to subject, "I can't thank you enough for helping him out like that, it's my fault he was in that mess. I was supposed to be backing him up."

"It's not your fault," I frowned, "You were sick."

"Ha," he looked partially in pain, "Always am aren't I?"

"Uh..."

"I've gotta take these." He eyed me, "You stay here."

"Yup." I nodded once fiddling with my fingers as he began departing from the room. As soon as he went far enough I ran upstairs to change my clothes, if I went to the interrogation room wearing this stuff I'd probably get raped and Dominic wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

I put my hair in two braids and slid on one of Dominic's jumpers, because I have a right. It was big enough for me to not need pants so I decided against getting myself a pair. I slipped on basic ugg boots and grabbed my phone.

I was practically bouncing as I made my way downstairs, I'd watched carefully where Leo went to so I went back to the kitchen than started down the way he went. My hope was that they were either so loud I could hear them or there was only a limited number of doors for me to investigate. I didn't want to spend my whole morning running around looking into empty rooms. Well I hoped they were empty, if I found a dead body so god help me I will unleash my wrath. Why would they keep them?

I was already heating up and I hadn't even found one, I was getting angry over literally nothing. Maybe I am a nuisance, I snorted to myself. Go figure.

I was grateful to find there was only three doors in the shady hallway, the setup down here was drastically different to the ground level. There was concrete floor and the walls were a bare grey colour. I don't like to think of the Vitiello's as dirty people but I'm pretty sure these walls used to be white. Judging by the wishy washy appearance of the colour. I disregarded the appearance started looking at the floor of doors, to find which door had a light under it. None... okay. I started listening for sounds. I gave up after minute then went to open the first door, empty with a suspicious looking bucket in the corner.