Chapter Twenty-Four Part Two: Angel in White

Dominic

----

I stood, turning around and around over and over. It was darkness. Completely black all around me. Like I was floating in the space between existence and inexistence. I flinched a little as a bright light shone, my eyes adjusted. Amara stood in a white dress holding her hand out for me to take, she was going to lead me out of the darkness.

----

My eyes flew open, it was pretty dark in here but I could still see at least. Amara wasn't lying next to me, I looked around. "You're awake." She breathed exiting the bathroom. I nodded sitting up, I watched her walk into the wardrobe. "You're stuck with me today." She informed. I thought about this, it was about time I quit being a douchebag. My break is over.

"All good." I replied. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, it was kind of cold in here.

"You should take a shower," she walked out. I stopped breathing momentarily, she was wearing the same dress she wore in my dream. "Are you okay Dominic?" she walked slowly to stand in front of me, "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Am I dreaming?"

"Not that I'm aware of." She giggled. "Stop being stupid and go take a shower." She demanded as she took hold of my arm and pulled me up, I let her guide me to the bathroom door. I stole one last glance before she shut the door in my face.

How could she be wearing the exact article of clothing I dreamt of only a few minutes ago? How did I know she even owned it? I hadn't once seen her wear that dress. I must be dreaming.

I took my shower, it was cold too. I was due for a shave but decided against it, I'd shave when it grew more. I rubbed the towel in my hair briefly, then wrapped it around my waist. I had to take a moment to think logically about this, instead of letting irrational subconscious thoughts attempt to decipher information my subconscious mind so clearly could not.

I spent a few moments trying to think of a reason, I could only come up with someone playing tricks with my microchip. But that was unlikely. I gave up, opening the door to find Amara had opened the curtains and stood on the balcony. I could see she was wearing swimmers underneath her dress, guess I'd have to follow her lead on this one. Letting out a breath I went to the wardrobe and proceeded with getting dressed in a shirt and board shorts.

I knocked on the glass before opening the sliding door, she turned to smile but returned her gaze to the view. "My guess is we're going swimming."

"Yeah," she sighed, "Claire and the other girls organised it."

"Brilliant."

-----

Amara

"Don't be stupid Leo." Claire laughed slapping him on the arm. I watched with a small smile.

Dominic – unlike Leo – was still kinda grouchy. Even though he was trying not to be. We swam for a while, his mood got better but I decided I was tired and sat out. I was sitting on the edge of the pool, basking in the sunlight.

Dominic swam over.

"You want something to drink?" he smiled. I smiled back.

"I'd love that."

"Cool," he breathed pulling out of the pool, "I'll surprise you." Then he headed back for the house.

Dominic

I held two glasses of pink lemonade, I hope she actually likes pink lemonade – I hadn't met anyone who didn't. I walked outside to find Amara with an empty look on her face, watching the clouds drift by. I stood for a while, watching. Not once did her expression shift nor did she change the direction of her gaze.