Chapter Fifty-Five: Hello Baby!

Dominic

I picked her clothes up off the floor, placing the toothpaste and toothbrush on the counter and leaving the door a fraction open on my way out. I tossed everything into the laundry basket and went to the kitchen.

I started heating up some milk then moved onto the mess in the kitchen, I'd often had to pick up after myself when I'd lived alone. This was no different. I started by rinsing the dishes and placing them in the dishwasher, there wasn't many and I moved onto wiping the counter quickly afterwards.

I heard the clutter of things in the bathroom and a string of curses following short after.

Amara

I let the water warm me up, I was an easily cold person and hot water was my best friend. I closed my eyes letting the droplets form on my face and drip past my lips, it was the best feeling. 

I felt a gush which definitely didn't originate from the shower head, but from my lower region. I panicked and knocked over the soaps in the shelf on the wall, I directed my hair out of my face - I knew I couldn't just bend over and pick them up.

I started exiting the glass containment, intending on reaching the towel rack. I gave up on drying myself after a couple sad attempts and just opted to put my robe on without the concern. 

"Dominic!" I tied the robe under my belly. I could feel sensations so I instinctively held around my stomach.

"Oh boy." Dominic came in wrapping an arm around me, "Are you sure its time?"

"Of course I am."

He sighed, "Last time I took you there you weren't really in labour Amara, you have to be sure."

I rolled my eyes, "You're just lazy, hurry up."

He led me by my back to the car out front, opening the door and helping me sit down. He ran back inside and grabbed the bag full of baby stuff, as naturally paranoid people we'd over-packed quite a fair bit.

Dominic tossed the bag in the back seat and climbed in, he let out sigh. 

I breathed, "Are you sure we can even go there?"

"Its illegal for cops to arrest someone who requires medical assistance, at least that's what I assume."

I huffed, "I hate assumptions."

"They'll probably try arrest us before we leave, it won't travel that you've been signed in until afterwards since a certain level of privacy is taken with pregnant couples anyways."

"If you say so."

Dominic

I signed Amara in at the front desk, they'd taken her up seven minutes ago. The lady told me which room to go to and how to get there, and I gave her dutiful nod before jogging my way to the elevator. 

I don't think the idea of being a parent has exactly sunk in quite yet, but I think it's good that it's happening now. For us, there is no right time. There will always be problems, so we do what we can in our own time. Better sooner than later.

I got into the elevator and another guy followed behind, he seemed pretty proud of himself. We exited onto the same floor and he followed me all the way to the seats in front of the room I was told to go to. I sat down and only glanced at him as he sat right next to me.

"I'm not following you." he laughed. I gave him a small smile. "Is that your girl in there?"

I looked at the door the back at the guy, "Yeah, how about you?" I smiled. He seemed relieved to see I wasn't some psycho, though I wouldn't say he'd have been far off.