Chapter Fifty-Six: Family Matters

*this chapter is kind of long, I kinda owe you don't I?

Donna

"Please! Si prega di dolcissima!" I had my hand clasped together bobbing up and down, he hates it when I beg. "Its not fair. It really isn't."

"Sit down, Donna." he grumbled still with his eyes glued to the stupid forms. I swallowed.

Looking elsewhere I whimpered, "I need to see them, pretty please! Amore, non fanno questo duro per me. Per favore."

"Fine." he barked, "Smetti subito."

I grinned from ear to ear and took my leave.

Claire

I pulled the robe tighter around me, it had gotten awfully cold lately and goosebumps were not a good look. I blew a hair from my nose, it was ticklish. As my vision was temporarily impaired I ran into one of my mother's closer friends.

"Oh," she steadied me, "Scusa, tesoro."

"No that's okay." I smiled. I was about to walk past but she tapped my shoulder quickly.

"Did you hear? Your father is declaring a temporary truce with your brother! I am abundant with joy! We can finally have them visit." she was smiling like it was the best thing to ever happen in her lifetime, I wouldn't blame her. Dominic's daughter would be the future of this family after all. Though the news surely took me by surprise.

"Really?" I turned to face her, "This is the first I'm hearing of it."

"Its true. I'm sure you'll be glad to see your brother again. And his wife, your friend."

I gave her a hug, "I am. Thank you for letting me know." She nodded before continuing up the stairs I had just descended from.

Dominic

"What a joke." I scoffed.

Amara came to stand beside me, hovering over the screen. "Hmm?"

She frowned. "He's kidding right?"

"My father doesn't play games."

The baby started crying again and she rushed off without a reply.

--

Amara

I'd come back from the gym and was glad Dominic was getting along well with the little thing, he was just too cute with a baby. Like all grown men are.

Ever since the weird truce Dominic's father put out we've been roaming the streets like crazy, gradually pissing him off I'm sure. Because of the truce the police were off our backs, the family was talking to us and Claire had visited twice already. I've been taking advantage of the situation and going to the gym for at least two hours daily to lose the baby fat, that sh-t is no joke.

Claire was visiting later today, this time she was bringing Abrielle. We were meant to hit up a cafe, not the violent kind of 'hit' but the get together type. I was always getting confused in conversations because of that.

Dominic - of course - volunteered to stay with the baby, it was like Leo didn't exist, his only friend was his daughter.

--

"Ah! You look so cute!" Abrielle squealed engulfing me in a hug, she was obviously doing it out of courtesy - the hug didn't last long - and she went for the baby straight afterward. I rolled my eyes and turned to find her stealing the child from Dominic's reluctant arms.

After both the girls had a turn of playing 'pass-the-baby' and Dominic making more rude comments about his sister, we left. We drove into town and parked, as soon as we got out of the car we were being photographed but it wasn't too big a deal. After getting seated the crowd kind of dissipated.