Chapter Six: Family Day

Dominic

I groaned as the curtains were pulled apart allowing the sunlight to cast itself upon my bed, turning around so not to be blinded by the rays of the burning heat I questioned myself on my brilliant positioning of the bed. I couldn't have put on the wall across so that when you opened the windows it would cover just the bottom half of the bed? I had to have it over the top half. Though my family surely loved it, a full-proof way to wake me up without making physical contact.

"C'mon Dominic. Wake up, you know I don't like touching you in the morning." Claire whined. I groaned in response. "Your always so groggy and your probably sticky too."

I frowned then turned to face her cracking my eyes open, "Am not."

"Ugh, get up." she glared at me before walking towards the door, "We're having breakfast in ten minutes."

After the door shut and I listened to her receding footsteps, I sat up looking over to the vanity that had the files my father had given me last night just sitting there. I'd briefly gone through them and found a series of assassinations that had happened shortly after the agent went missing but after that its almost as if she'd become invisible. As if she never existed. It had taken a long time for me to convince the Italian Institution to erase me from the system, Schwarzer Regen had done it no problem without even speaking to them. The German Institution had filed her under 'dead' and labelled her a 'cancelled experiment.'

I took a quick shower then got dressed and jogged downstairs, rushing to get some time with my mother before everyone else showed up. I opened the door to the kitchen to find her in the obvious spot, wearing tracks and a tank top whilst gossiping with Mariana - Leo's mom. I walked up to her and grabbed her planting a kiss on her cheek, she smiled squeezing me tighter. "Buongiorno mama, come è stato il sonno?" I smiled. She rolled her eyes but replied anyways. 

"How sweet." Mariana clasped her hands smiling at us.

"Oh goodness Mariana don't buy this sh-t, he's done something wrong." 

"No I haven't." I assured Mariana becoming defensive.

Leo walked in, "God Dominic, can you not start drama with the women for one second?"

"Can you not be so inappropriate for one second." I retorted, these were our mother's for goodness sake.

"I just can't help myself."

"You see that Belladonna? That is bullsh-t." Mariana said dismissing her son from the conversation, earning a satisfied snort from me. My mother rolled her eyes once again which I noticed was becoming a habit of hers. 

"You shouldn't roll your eyes mama, they'll get stuck like that." I pecked her cheek once again and started walking towards the dining room where we always had our meals. This was a good opportunity to see how many of the familia had already moved in. Leo followed behind me with a fresh cup of OJ and Claire descended the stairs - with a phone to her ear - talking extra fast in italian to someone on the other side, some bullsh-t about shopping and looking extra good for you-know-who which I hoped wasn't Leo because I would punch the smug look right off his face if need be.

As soon as she sat down she said 'addio' to her friend and placed her phone on the table, not before putting it on silent. "Hi Leo." she smiled looking Leo dead in the eye daring him to ignore her - which is what I had advised him to do if he wanted to keep his face looking pretty. "Are you ignoring me?" Claire pouted resting her arms on the table and cupping her head in her hands. I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being such a slut Claire, gain some self-respect." I remarked still looking through all the texts I usually get in the morning and dumping the useless ones in the trash. I hated seeing her like this, mainly because so many women had done it to me before and sickening enough it had worked.