Chapter Fifty: Bump!

Start from the beginning

Once we had everything in the car we drove back to our place, she waltzed straight inside and I grabbed the first set of bags. When I walked in she was standing at the full length mirror in our foyer, she had her shirt lifted up and was observing herself from the side.

I put the bags down and walked over, wrapping my arms around her and bringing her shirt down. "Hey, I didn't say you were fat okay?" I looked to the mirror, she had her hair hanging over her face so I couldn't see. "Eating that much food is abnormal for anyone, even me, even Claire and probably fat people too."

"You suck at cheering up." she spoke up.

"You're my practise."

"Yeah alright." she dismissed untangling herself from me and walking outside to grab bags as well.

Amara

We packed all the food away, I'd realised that I may have gained a little weight. I mean we hadn't been going out heaps and working out or whatever,  I wasn't as active as I usually am. I wasn't right to assume I had a metabolism like some girls, I must've lost weight previously because I was always active. Now look.

I put my hair up messy and took my studs out, they always poked me when I slept and I always forgot just before bed. I walked into the living room to find Dominic sucking on a carrot and switching through footage of surveillance that was record by the cameras while we were out. He stopped for a second when I walked in and didn't move again till I was in the kitchen, serves him right. He should be wary, I'll cut his hair in his sleep.

--

I rolled onto my stomach but it didn't feel right but then I wasn't comfortable again, I wasn't going back to sleep now. I opened my eyes looking at the time, 6:03 am. No point trying to sleep honestly.

I got up and walked to the bathroom, after rubbing my eyes for two minutes in the mirror I stepped back and noticed my stomach was the only part gaining weight. My limbs were still the same, I moved around more, observing more and more.

"Hey..." I started to shout but then my voice grew quiet, "Dominic!" I repeated much more solidly this time.

"Sh-t." escaped from his mouth as he rolled off the bed, "Wha-what." He stood up clearly dazed and confused.

"Come look at this."

"You know I told you yesterday -"

"I'm not that insecure." I glared at him then gestured for him to come over, he eyed me before starting to walk. He was probably scared because now I had the creepiest smile on my face.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him down, "Get down." he slowly went to his knees.

He coughed and his eyes shifted, "You know if you're trying to get me aroused, this isn't the way to do it Amara."

"Don't be stupid!" I cringed.

"What am I doing down here then?" he seemed genuinely confused.

"Baby I worry about you." I commented before gesturing in round motions to my stomach, which from the side had grown 4-5 centimetres out from where it usually was. 

"You are gaining weight?" he said slowly with caution.

I gave up, "I'm pregnant!"

"Really?!"

"For sure." I smiled, "It explains why I'm eating so much, why I vomited yesterday and why my abs suddenly disappeared."

"Wait," he stood, "You vomited yesterday?"

"Yeah, and you were too busy avoiding me to notice."

He pouted, "I thought you wanted to be left alone."