Chapter Forty-Five: Take Me Away With You

Start from the beginning

"You can see the entire city from this hole." I leaned my palms on the ledge and looked over to the ground, it was all forest. "I don't think there is any other way to access this place but through that tunnel."

Dominic came walking back, "I think you're right. Where I just went, it was castle but no doors or windows. Seems unusual."

"Maybe it was a dungeon, or a hide out - or maybe even a prison." I whispered the last part wiggling my fingers like a crazy witch.

Dominic slowly pushed my hands down, "The view is gorgeous." he replied to my earlier comment before lifting himself onto the ledge and patting his leg for me to sit on.

I climbed in between his legs and spoke, "We can make this our secret spot."

"How do you know it's not someone else's secret spot?" he mumbled because his face was in my hair. 

"If it is then they should learn to share." I said moving my head to his shoulder and observing the view.

He pouted, "Aw I liked the smell of your hair."

"Well too bad, your breathing was making me itch."

Dominic

We sat there for a while saying weird things that we just thought of, eventually we grew tired and like children we were easily bored. 

"We should go on the boat ride for real this time." Amara said whilst trying not to fall backwards on the gondola.

"I agree. We'll take our time." I replied stepping in and sitting down. She frowned at me before slowly and shakily sitting as well. "If you wanna become an expert with the gondola you have to have a lot more practise than just once. You'll tip us over if you get too confident."

"That is," she closed her eyes, "Such a rude thing to say."

I pushed us offshore, "I was simply being honest."

"You've sure been honest a lot lately." she commented.

"Thank you." I smiled before starting to turn the boat in the direction of the lake.

We floated all the way into the middle of the lake and then I stopped rowing it. "What do we do now?" Amara sighed leaning backwards on her two hands. I watched her eyelashes flutter as she opened and closed her eyes. She stopped trying to adjust her vision to the sun and made contact with me, I didn't look away and neither did she.

I was aware she could be quite stubborn but this had been one of the longest staring contests of my life. I soon grew wary and looked at another part of her face. 

"Ha! I win." she grinned.

I just continued staring, looking at all the different features she had. Like the colour of her eyes, their shape and her dark lashes which I was sure had been tinted. She had a very defined cupid's bow as well, for the first time I noticed one nostril was a different shape from the other. 

I ignored the fact that she'd been staying still because she was also observing my features as well, its funny we have run out of things to do so much so that all we're doing now is staring at each other. Not that I haven't been wanting to do that, taking note of specific features was good. Then maybe if she got kidnapped and replaced with a lookalike I could tell almost instantly by just looking at her face.

Amara

I hadn't noticed before that Dominic's nose wasn't completely perfect, it had bumps here and there. He clearly had a couple freckles - though not noticeable - on the side of his face but you can try all you want and my goodness did I try, this man has almost no real flaws. I just come back to my original conclusion as always, he's slaying my existence. Not even human.

"Well, its been fun." I looked away.

He chuckled, "How about we get food then, does that sound good?"

I perked up, "Magnifico."

We sobered up, returned home and changed clothing. I didn't think much of it so I dressed pretty casual, luckily Dominic had had the same idea. We headed out in the car, making headway to a restaurant he was pretty fond of.

The lady out the front was quite pleased to see him there, she looked to be in her mid-40s so I let it go. The restaurant itself was very beautiful, it was in a very vintage looking building and there was tables out front of the venue not to mention the fairy lights that decorated the vines and other plants that hung around. 

We took a table out the front, the sunset was beautiful and so was the street view. Children and adults alike ran around, riding bikes and sitting out front their homes. The houses were all different colours and were unique in their own way, I looked to them and was instantly inspired. I'd only seen a view like this in paintings at galleries or at the homes of people.

I'd never seen the painted house in real life, now that I was seeing it - it was almost surreal.

Dominic whispered, "Beautiful isn't it?"

I continued to watch the scenery, "Are you talking about me again?"

"Of course not, are you not seeing this view?" he exclaimed, "You can be so full of yourself sometimes Amara."

I gasped glaring at him, he was such a tease. I let it go.

"What kind of food do they have here?" I asked the question mindlessly.

He smirked, "Italian food."

"Yes," I sighed, "But what do you recommend?"

"Oh," he adjusted in his seat, "The Fettuccine Alfredo and Chicken Cacciatore is good."

"I'll get that then." I said decidedly.

He continued to watch me, "And so will I."

We ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo first and then the Chicken Cacciatore, Dominic would not stop trying to make me uncomfortable - from saying things too loud to eating like a barbarian. After eating we decided to take a walk, the sky had become almost black and the stars were in groups dusted with light blue. It was almost too orchestrated like the sky itself had been painted.

I tensed a little as Dominic took my hand in his, it had been the first show affection since we sat down at that restaurant. I looked up to find him staring at the stars with his differently coloured eyes, his mouth slightly agape like a fascinated child. I can only imagine that's what I'd looked like just a second ago. We continued to walk until we came to a stop in front of the water, there was really no going further than this. 

We sat dangling our legs over the boardwalk, he continued telling me jokes and other funny things. I became curious of a bunch of things and figured now was a better time than any to ask about them.

"How come one of your names is Lucifer?" I asked turning to look at him who was once again mesmerised by the sky, "Just out of curiosity." I finished. He pouted a bit as if thinking of a way to put it, then turned to me. 

"Lucifer was created by God as a perfect angel. He was called Lucifer while he lived in heaven. After he sinned and persistently refused to repent he was thrown out of heaven. When Lucifer was cast out of heaven he lost his name Lucifer and he became known as Satan." 

He continued, "I don't think my parents wanted to go as far as to call me Satan but they also wanted to make a statement. I'm not an angel and given the opportunity I would never become one but let me tell you, even before birth my destiny was already determined. People see me as the fallen angel who lives on earth, nothing I do is good or worthy of praise but I am praised out of fear. Or in the medias case - simply for my appearance."

"In other words, you're a pre-determined killing machine who gets praise for being good looking and your parents predicted this?"

"Yes." he chuckled, "I thought maybe you wanted to hear a brief history of the devil himself."

I pretended to think, "You are a bit rebellious." I admitted, he smiled at this tapping the surface to make ripples in the water.