Chapter Nineteen: Love Me Right

Start from the beginning

"What are we doing here Dominic?" she asked curiously.

Thunder clapped. I looked up as grey clouds covered the moon and it began pouring, Amara immediately gasps as water pours all over her entire outfit. My bad. She glares at me. I hope she can see that was not my intention. I pulled out a handkerchief and gave it to her, even though it was wet. She began laughing muttering how much of an idiot I was. 

I watched as she dabbed her eyes then got down on one knee, I pulled out the suede black box. I ignored the people that had gathered at all the windows of the house. Amara finished rubbing her eyes, had a momentarily confused moment when she realised I was no longer standing in front of  her but recovered as she realised I was just on the ground instead.

Her eyes went wide as she then noticed the box in my hand.

"I don't know how to express my emotion to you. But the only thing I can say is I'll try to love you till the last breath of my life. I want to give you all the happiness in the world and steal your worries and pain forever. The journey of life is not easy, but if you are with me, I can win any challenge in my life, we support each other - stay together, forever." I paused, "Amara, fare di me l'uomo più felice del mondo e... marry me?"

I'm sorry. 

I just can't feel. 

Anything.

I mean it. 

I mean it, I swear. I know I do.

"I meant it," I breathed. "Every word." I repeated out loud. She was now hugging me, I had slid the ring onto her finger and she now had her arms wrapped around my neck.

Amara

"I know." I whispered.

I'm getting married.

Me.

I am.

Three minutes later and we now sat on the edge of the fountain, I figured Dominic was new to the whole actually having feelings thing so I needed to make it easier for him. I felt obliged to.

"Dominic."

"Yes?" he answered. He always replied 'sì' not 'yes' but I guess now was not the time to confuse me.

"I know," I hesitated, "You probably don't feel anything for me." he looked at me with surprised eyes, I continued, "I get that. I'm.. fine. With just spending time with you, like actual married people do."

"Okay." he gave me a small smile.

"Okay." I nodded more to myself. Okay. That one's new.

I let out a breath looking up, I was still drenched but the sky had cleared up. It was almost as if it rained just for that occasion, I smiled to myself as I observed the moon. Cheeky little bugger. They say the moon can do magical things, like make the world's most eligible bachelor and most dangerous assassin propose to a woman he met last month.

"Amara."

"Mm?" I replied, I had my eyes closed playing with the glow of the moon that shone through my eyelids.

"I'm working on it." he attempted at assuring me.

"On what?"

"Having feelings for you. I'm working on it. Promise."

I opened my eyes turning to him and smiling. He was staring at the ground. He shouldn't feel bad. I put a finger under his chin, guiding his gaze up. "Look." I pointed with my other finger, "Full moon." I retracted my hand.