You Meet His Parents

"Oh my gosh Shawn... Are they gonna like me? What if they don't like Y/R girls? What if-"

Shawn interrupts you "Y/N they are going to love you just as much as I do" he says kissing your cheek.

"But we've gotta get to the restaurant, we don't want to be late!" he tells you

"Ok baby I'm gonna put on my shoes now" You tell him while you put in your pearl earrings

You slip on your shoes and grab the keys to the car, today you wanted to drive... you may not have wanted to show that you don't always have Shawn chauffeur you around.. but you got into the bright red Escalade and waited for Shawn to get in the passenger seat. He gets in and gives you the address. While you're driving you put one hand on your thigh and start to nervously rub your jeans back and forth. Shawn notices and grabs that hand and kisses the back of it and tells you,

"Calm down baby. It will be fine"

You glance over at him as a small smile appears on your face. "Ok"

You arrive at the casual restaurant a few minutes later and Shawn grabs your hand as you walk in. You notice Shawn's little sister Aaliyah at a table in the back so you guys walk over to her.

"Hey Liyah! How are you beautiful?" You greet her with a hug and a smile and Shawn did the same. "Where are your parents?" you ask her.

"They went to the bathroom to freshen up I guess" When she finished her sentence, their parents came and greeted Shawn.

"My beautiful boy! How are you baby?" his mom greeted him and his dad gave a simple hug

"I'm great mom. Thank you." 

"Who's this..?" his mom grimaces at you "Is this the housekeeper? Why'd you bring the housekeeper instead of your girlfriend Shawn?"

"MOM! That is-" he started, but you interrupted 

"Mrs. Mendes, my name is Y/N and I am Shawn's girlfriend. It is very nice to meet you both" You smile extending your hand for them to shake it, ignoring the previous comments made.

"ohh..." they both said simultaneously ignoring your hand.

You look at shawn and he looks away. You sit down next to Aaliyah, with Shawn on the other side of you, while Shawn's parents sit across from you. 

"Sooooo... Y/N... So why did you come to America... Why didn't you stay in your native country... making it harder for us to get work, etc." his mom said to you

"MOM!" Aaliyah yelled at her parents "That is so rude!"

"Well its true" 

"Mr. and Mrs. Mendes it is quite obvious that you don't care to know me for me and not my race. So I will just leave." 

"I'm going with you Y/N I can't sit here and listen to them insult you" Aaliyah told you. "Shawn are you just gonna sit there and let mom talk to her like that."

Shawn just looked away.

"Well Shawn.. I guess this is the end. I don't want to come between you and your parents. So I guess I'll see you around." You grabbed your keys, "You ready Liyah?"

"Yea lets go." She says glaring at her brother.

You and Aaliyah get in the car and you ask her where she wants you to take her.

"I'm going wherever you're going Y/N/N"

"Well I'm going hom- to your brothers house to pack up my stuff, then I'm going to a hotel" you catch yourself

"Then I am too"

You give her a weak smile and drive to Shawn's house. You pull in and you two rush inside and pack your clothes and valuables and pack them in the car. You get back in the car and drive to the nearest hotel. While you're driving you get a call and hand your phone to Aaliyah and ask her to answer it.

"Hello?" she answers "Shawn she's driving and she doesn't want to talk to you... no Shawn.. I'm not going home right now. I'm staying with Y/N" She hangs up and someone else calls and she answers it again 

"Shawn I- mom? how did you get Y/N's number?" you snatch the phone out of her hands and start talking to her mom.

"Hello? Mrs. Mendes?"

"Y/N dear please meet us-"

"Mrs. Mendes I am very sorry, but I won't be able to do that. I will bring Aaliyah back home but I don't really want to talk right now.." You looked over at Aaliyah and she was looking at you like you were a 3 headed goat.

"Y/N I'm not going-"

"Ok please let me talk to my daughter."

You hand the phone to her as you turn the car around and head back to Shawn's house. Soon she hangs up and there are tears in Aaliyah's eyes as she hands you the phone.

"I'm so sorry about my family Y/N I don't know why they're acting this way. I just wanted to stay with you to make sure you would be Ok" she cries

"Liyah baby I'll be fine. Don't worry about me Ok?" 

You pull back up in front of Shawn's house and get out to give Aaliyah a hug. She squeezes you like she doesn't want to let you go.

"Please don't leave me forever Y/N"

"I will always be with you honey! Just call me and I will be here, we can still hang out." You tell her and walk her to the door.

A/N: If you want a part 2 let me know! I'll get on it! Thank you so much for reading!