* 56 * Seeing the Truth

56

The enchantment of laying in a field evening blossoms was breathtaking while the serenity would make a child smile with glee. The true innocence of Middle Earth radiated with such purity that even a harden soul such as Kordelia's sighed in its grace. Never before had she felt the spirit of her world as she did in this instance and it was one that made everything become so clear. Even being so far inland she could smell the sea air and it was calling  to her in a manner which made her think of sailing the seas which turned to her seeing the ocean. The song she had sang in remembrance of Thayonidas sounded with a mix of the crashing waves.

Yes she was sure to sail on emerald and sapphire waters and finally feel how it was to be free and only at the mercy of the seas and the mysteries held under her waves and she would never be alone. That was when he appeared in front of her causing her to seize in astonishment as he slowly came toward her with his damp dark hair pulled back, scruffy beard and calming dark eyes.

The side of her mouth twitched in a smile as he approached her but as he came closer he began to change. His amber eyes began to lighten more and more until they were a heart quivering blue while his disheveled dark locks blew in a breeze which also made them turn into a silvery white shade which resembled silk as it lengthen while the hair on his face vanished, leaving perfectly smooth porcelain skin and it seemed as though he was glowing and when he stood only feet in front of her she was astonished to find it to be Legolas which took her breath away until he walked right through her causing her to jerk around and there she saw and felt pain.

The evening blossom field was gone and in its place was a field of fire and blood with orcs, trolls, and other forms of evil standing in triumph with the wicked Sauron proudly looking over his bounty but in that instant Kordelia felt Middle Earth scream in dying pain. The majestic waters she had seen were now nothing but red with the innocent blood which had been shed and she knew that it was her world bleeding as its life was torn from it in a most painful manner.

The next thing she knew she was in the bloody water sinking away from all light as a burning desire to live thrashed and fought against the crushing dying sea that kept taking her under. She opened her mouth in a soundless scream of defiance but it was to no avail and she was taken into complete darkness.

There was nothing to do now. She had chosen her side. She was too late now to help men stop Sauron's evil from slaughtering Middle Earth.

Now she understood what her family had meant and fought for. Yes men were corrupt but they could not kill Middle Earth as Sauron could and would once he possessed the ring. She had been too consumed with her hate that she could not listen to what was really important. She was too consumed with revenge and killing all evil, she did not hear what the spirit of Middle Earth was begging her to do.

Yes she was too late choosing and had clearly chosen wrong however she knew now that she was going to fight to her last breath. Yes she was sure to die but she was going to slay as many evil beings as she could until her last breath. She would fight for Middle Earth!

Knowing and having this new fight she found herself ascending back to the surface of the crimson waves and as she breached she greedily took in the gift of air.

She jerked up into a sitting position as her eyes adjusted and head pounded. She was back to her campsite although she was not where she recalled falling and there was a strange presence although it was clearly nonthreatening.

She looked to where she felt the being and saw a cloaked figure there she knew to be an elf of Rivendell for the scent of the waters there still lingered on her.

"You must be the Arwen." Kordelia stated

In a tone only and elf could have the woman softly replied in elvish, "Yes I am and you are wounded young warrioress."

Kordelia rolled her neck a bit and replied, "A scratch and bump. Nothing that can stop me now."

"There is in fact something that will stop you." Answered Arwen before she said, "Follow me."

Kordelia did just that and followed the elleth to the outskirts of the battlefield where the massacre Kordelia had foreseen lay before her in a manner that made her feel the spirit of Middle Earth scream in pain just as she had felt in her dream but when she saw a particular body her own screaming pain inside drowned out that of her home.

Shock was followed by sadness which took her to her knees and it was all she could do to crawl to him as he laid in the muddy battlefield with countless arrows and spears protruding from his silk black coat.

He didn't try to lift his head but he looked her in the eye and she knew. She nodded to him, a silent message that told him she knew now and was ready to fight. The moment was quickly vanishing as she knew he was going to leave her at any moment but before he could, what could only be Middle Earth working her miracles, a small hawk landed on Kordelia's shoulder looking almost exactly like Celegorn except her coat was blue instead of red. Epona stepped out and nuzzled his nose for a moment before stepping back letting Kordelia know it was time.

A single tear fell down her cheek and fell onto him but she sat up on her knees and looked to the sky and let out a war cry only an Alexzandron could as Celgorn's daughter flapped her wings and Epona reared up.

*~*~*~*~* Sorry for being MIA for so long but I've pretty much got this wrapped up.