* 51 * Blue Eyes

51

Kordelia did not return to the banquet but she did snatch a rather large flagon of wine from a passing maid and retreated to her chambers where she found herself haunted with memories that were sure to break her if she allowed herself an ounce of weakness.

She recalled many hidden childhood memories where she had been truly happy although now she found it to be blindness. There were so many signs of what was to happen and she had been too self absorbed to notice them. She was too enticed with Thayonidas she did not think twice about the wizard and countless men coming to her village. She thought nothing of the frightened looks of so many outside of the Alexzandron world, she had been so focused on her thirst for revenge she had not recalled the important prophesy as it played out in front of her with her being a key player.

On and on the thoughts rampaged causing her thirst to grow greater and greater until she found herself with an empty carafe on her left and the broken scrolls on her right causing her to become infuriated.

She stood up and was suddenly taken by a bout of dizziness causing her to become even angrier at her foolishness of drinking. In return she threw the pitcher against the wall causing it to loudly shatter.

She hunched over breathing heavily trying to gain control of her body when the worst thing she ever let happen unfolded behind her.

A gentle hand clasped her shoulder causing her alarm, shame, and anger as she realized she had allowed someone to sneak up on her.

She jerked around but the alcohol did not allow her to maneuver as she had wished causing her to fall into her outlander's arms. She pushed herself back causing her to run into the desk in which she would have flipped over if not for the stranger taking hold of her before she could flail around more in a chaotic drunken manner.

"There is no need to fear." He said in a soft voice which immediately calmed her adrenaline, allowing her to relax and finally find her footing.

Slowly she turned around and in a harsh tone, "What do you want!"

Blue eyes bore into her, trying to study her but even in this drunken state she was difficult to read so he answered. "I heard a crash and thought maybe you were having a struggle with someone. It has been some time since you left the doings in the great hall."

Quickly she snapped, "I tired of the foolish dancing and singing. There is a war and much needs to be thought of and done."

She swayed a bit and Legolas said, "I see you have foolishly indulged in the wine. Do you not realize you are inebriated to the point you can barely stand?"

She gave him a bitter stare but did not answer. There was no denying she was drunk. She was foolish for doing something so senseless and she made herself seem even more ignorant by her statement of foolish dancing and singing seeing as she had just sang a number of songs and had danced more times than she could remember.

To try and save herself she snapped, "As you can see I am not having a struggle with anyone so you may go now and leave me be."

Legolas again studied her before he had decided to walk to the door as she turned her back on him.

She heard the door shut and the simple sound made her falter and nearly fall to the floor. She had managed to grab hold of the desk before she could topple over but then something else began to happen.

As her head began to spin she felt her stomach beginning to stir.

She knew she was going to vomit so she tried to get to the only place she could see in which might pass as a place to expectorate but her feet would not allow her. She fell to her knees and when she tried to stand she began to trip over her gown until she knew she couldn't stop her insides from coming up.

She closed her eyes as her body harshly heaved as she relieved her stomach of its violent contents however there was not the sound of vomit hitting the stone floor.

When she had found her senses she cluelessly looked at the bucket in front of her for a moment before another wave struck her making her forget her wonder as she felt a tender hand gently rub her back as the other held her hair back until her body was shaking and she was finished with her business.

Legolas helped her sit up and for once she allowed him, after all he was a half brother of Thayonidas. Given Thayonidas hated him but she doubted Legolas knew about Thayonidas.

Legolas handed her a few mint leaves and some water in which she hesitantly took. It wasn't she didn't trust Legolas, it was more her body was refusing to consume anything at the moment.

Once she was in a stable state Legolas helped her to her feet and helped her to her bed where she pulled the covers up and wiggled for a few minutes before plopping down on her belly and tossing her dress across the room which caused Legolas to raise his eyebrows in surprise.

Was she really... under her blankets?

He shook his head and moved a chair beside her bed and said, "Could you tell me what happened after Minas Tirth?"

She blinked her glassy gold eyes once and went on to tell him about the orcs leaving her for dead, her capture, the spell and being in Isenguard, escaping with Thayonidas, the unknown army, coming across Éomer and his band, Helm's deep and Thayonidas rallying the men, returning to the Tower of Orthanc where she fought with Saruman and taking his hand just before the wizard struck Thayonidas with the fatal blow.

For two hours she told the tale from start to finish, including back tracking to Moria and telling how it was Thayonidas in the mine with her, hence her comment of having a hero. When she was finished Legolas just stared at her for a few moments before speaking, "How did you know it was a dream with Aragorn and myself?"

"Easy." She said in a sleepy tone as her eyes closed telling him she was leaving consciousness.

He smiled at her and brushed her hair back and kissed the top of her head before standing up straight and walking to the door until her voice stopped him as her voice said in a dreamy sort of way, "Your eyes are the color of the sky, not green like springtime."

Legolas was shocked she knew this and returned next to the chair next to her and found himself becoming hypnotized by her grace and beauty as she lay in peaceful slumber. Her chest rose and fell calmly like gentle waves on the seashore while his sensitive hearing listened to the rhythmic melody of her heart beating, but then he noticed something he hadn't noticed before.

Her back was covered in bruises and scars he had not noticed in her gown. Some were old and some were new but no doubt she remembered each and every story behind them.

Softly he did something he knew was dangerous but he couldn't help himself. He allowed his fingers to gently run over each scar which seemed to send her into an even deeper and peaceful sleep. He could have watched her all night but something told him he was needed elsewhere.

One last kiss on the cheek and he slipped from her chambers to leave her in peace for the remainder of the night or rather early morning hours.