* 32 * Modifying Memories and Inapt Enamor

When they emerged the next morning Sonora had a sly look on her face as she looked upon the duo which were falling completely into her plan and would bring her to her love, Saruman.

Inside Kordelia felt odd about what she was about to do and become the role of a leader and give commands but once she began to assemble the troops she surprised herself as she discovered she fit the role and had confidence and felt compassion toward her soliders and without wasting any time they began their march to Helm’s Deep where King Théoden’s people awaited to be attacked by a dark army.

Kordelia sat upon a silver war horse with a long ash colored mane and tail with silver strands throughout it. The mare was one full of pride and held her head in a way that would make her appear fearless and each step she took was with high steps which at first made Kordelia worry that she would tire in a hurry but the mare seemed to never slow down. She would certainly be a good choice for her beloved Cadeyrn.

With that thought her mind drifted in a way she did not wish to remember at this time but like a snowball rolling down a mountain it gained speed and magnitude.

Where might Cadeyrn be? Would he have returned to their homeland and dwell alone until his dying day? Was he hurt? Was he alive? If Celegorn was alive he would find Cadeyrn. Why did Celegorn have to die? Why did her people have to die?

Her mind was gaining momentum and rolling out of control until she felt a hand on her shoulder and instantly she had her dagger drawn with its tip right under Thayonidas’s chin and he just have her a crooked smile and asked or rather stated, “You are dwelling on the past deaths aren’t you?”

She withdrew her dagger and put it away rather annoyed and replied, “I am walking away from the one thing that can answer the mystery as to why they had to die. I am walking away from the one I have been fighting to get close to for half of my life.”

“And you think that getting answers will make it so their deaths will no longer haunt you? If so I am afraid you are in for disappointment my lady. You must understand that evil will always try and smite good. It should be clear as to why the Alexzandron people were massacred. Evil knew this war was coming and without the great warriors and their oath to protect all that is good they would most likely succeed in smiting out the good and the light. This plan has been in motion for many decades while others have tried to live life with merry, greed, or mere ignorance. There is no use in dwelling on these thoughts because it will only lead to madness that will fog your vision. Of course you should never forget your people but you should remember their lives and the happiness rather than remember them by their gruesome deaths.”

A few moments of silence passed between them as she allowed his words to sink in before she answered, “I will once I have had my chance with the wizard.”

“I will do everything in my power so as you will have that chance but afterwards you must make me a promise and that promise is to love life to the fullest. Make a list of things in which you know your people would have wanted to do and discover what it is you love to do for example, I know that your mother loved to sing and so one day you should sing.”

This surprised her that he would know such an intimate thing about her mother but she also was able to reply, “Your mother also enjoyed singing. But what makes you think I will survive?”

“Faith.” Was his simple answer.

Until they made camp for the night Thayonidas and Kordelia were in deep conversation discussing things from the past those in the present, and what might lie ahead in the future.

Thayonidas would not speak of his father which he confirmed was Thranduil, King of the Woodland Elves, nor would he speak of his half brother, Legolas, for both elves seemed to infuriate him to the point where he saw only red but he did allow her to know about why and when he began sailing on the seas which lead to him to one of his numerous roles as a pirate in which he found thrilling but unfufilling but as he told her about his many other endeavors such as a wanderer, blade for hire, and countless other professions he always found them thrilling but unfulfilling leading Kordelia to ask what he thought of his role in this war which was a joke but with all seriousness he answered, “Never have I been so passionate about any cause. This is where I belong and even if we all are slain I will die knowing I did my duty and trying to make the world good. This is the one thing that has made my soul feel completely alive and on fire like the dwarves’ forges. Never before has there been a greater cause and I will proudly lay my life down for it… and for you.” And with that he gave her his crooked grin and turned his horse to tell the troops to make camp leaving her there to ponder his words.

She dismounted and found looked at the landscape and found it to be pleasing as they had gone further than she had anticipated. Their trek was going well it would seem and so she turned to see the shape of her soldiers and at a distance she immediately saw Thayonidas and he seemed to feel her gaze and he turned and looked back into her golden eyes with a soft smile and at that moment she realized that this trek was not going well at all.  She was in fact smitten with Thayonidas just as Saruman and Sonora had planned.

*~*~*~*~* Sorry for the major delay but am working on more as you read this. Last couple weeks have been rough but things are settling down once again. Hope you enjoy this and what is to come! Any thoughts on Thayonidas? You all are wonderful and I so appreciate your patience! *~*~*~*~*