* 77 part 1 * Friends of Gondor

When they reentered the overflowing room they were bombarded by the band and singers. Eowyn stepped in front of them with a great smile and reached out for both Arwen and Kordelia's hands and led them to the middle of the room.

Once there she turned to Kordelia with a great smile and nodded her head. Kordelia knew what she wanted her to do and so she nodded her return and stepped forward as the music and voices quieted. Her voice sang out through the room as she sang the first verse and allowed Arwen to take the next followed by Eowyn.

It was a joy to sing together and after a bit they began to dance about with dresses swishing and swaying like waves of a beautiful storm.

How had she come to this place? She was amongst men and elves, singing and dancing with them. Never had she imagined being in this position and to feel such pride for the two she sang with. Arwen with all her beauty and grace who had given up immortality so to be with a man she loved so dearly even when it seemed as though she could never have him, the elleth still showed compassion for Kordelia, the woman who was supposed to marry the she-elf's love. Then there was Eowyn, the woman who had her heart crushed by Arwen's love. Still she showed great strength and moved forth and put her life on the line for her people.

The revenge driven girl who never thought of a future beyond killing those who had slain her family was finding herself loving the things she had once found foolish. She genuinely enjoyed singing and found a great deal of pleasure from dancing. Did Thayonidas know this? Was that why he made her promise to sing and dance?

There was much she wished to figure out about Thayonidas and now it seemed as though she would have that chance to find out. "Promise me you will live. Truly live and do what it is that will satisfy your heart and make you smile. Whether it is exploring, dancing, destroying elves and men, or slaying orcs and wizards. Do what you love and do it with all of your heart. Just don't let it be a damned elf."

The last part seemed odd, especially how he has said it with a smile. Was that a joke?  The time to ponder was yet to come for at this time she wished to fully enjoy the night's festivities.

The song was filled with a mix of the language of men and elves which made everyone smile as the women sang out and filled the room with joy until the sang came to an abrupt end. Everyone applauded with much excitement. Kordelia was able to still put her talent of disappearing to the test as she slipped from the main focus of the crowd.