* 26 * Red and Power

An old female servant meekly entered the room and didn't dare look at the Alexzandron woman. It was clear this woman feared Ryker but she went to her duty in which was to replace gowns. This time the gown presented to her was one not of innocence with white and lace but this one felt like a stab at her.

It was crimson to remind her of the blood she had shed and had sparkling diamonds on it to remind her of her hardness.

But she told herself that with this color she would not be seen as weak and innocent. Wearing red she could claim dominance. Red could also remind Thayonidas that she was dangerous and was responsible for much bloodshed. Or somehow if she could find it within could she also claim the role as seductive? Seduce Thayonidas to his death perhaps?

She changed into the dress and did her best of doing a braided updo but when she looked in the mirror she found herself unprepared for what looked back at her.

For the first time in forever she saw a woman standing there with delicate skin, sharp cheek bones, glimmering golden eyes, a figure that was undoubtedly womanly with curves, lips were a soft red hue and appeared to be like rose petals.

For the first time in her life she felt a pang of fear. How did this woman appear? When did she come to be?

After staring at the woman in the mirror a new age of courage began to build within her and she put back on the one item in which meant something, her golden pendant in which was in the shape of an ancient arrowhead with the tooth of a great white elk. The tooth was sacred and it was said that only the most spiritual warriors ever had the opportunity and honor of hunt such a creature.

Kordelia had shot the elk perfectly in the heart only a year before the massacre. Her father had incased the blood and actual arrowhead under a thick layer of gold and placed the tooth on the gold with five small diamonds which were shards from an ancient stone called, Star of Ainulindalë for it was the star in which the Holy Ones were created from.

The star had been long since take but the Alexzandron people came upon the shards throughout history. How was it she was so blessed to carry all the stones?

She quickly pushed the thought aside and stood straight and looked into the eyes of th temptress in the mirror one last time before turning and going to the door.

To her astonishment it was unlocked but six Haradrim were standing at the ready with swords, lances, and axes ready.

She just gave them a menacing look before one gestured for her to follow.

Three in front and three behind she followed them through the stone walls to two grand doors where they parted to allow her entrance.

She glared at them once more before they opened the doors for her and as soon as she entered the door was closed and locked.

The enormous room was dark except for a roaring fire in which crackled in a large fireplace. She could make out his silhouette staring into the fire in deep thought.

The stone floor was cold on her bare feet but it was not something in which would disturb her thinking so she quietly began to step forward. She knew Thayonidas knew she was there and was perhaps anticipating an attack from her but this time he would sadly be mistaken.

She listened hard with all her senses to discover where others might be hiding but there was only she and Thayonidas.

Before she entered the firelight she spoke, "I see the flame has seduced you into a trance."

He smiled and looked in her direction, "I enjoy watching the dance. Have you ever danced milady?"

"The dance I know and execute all too well always has a tragic ending."

"I noticed that it is not always. There has been a few times you have not struck down your participant. You proved that today and I am willing to wager that you sparred with your companions once or twice and still they walk."

"Bring them before me and our dance may end a different way."

"With time you will have your opportunity for revenge but that is for a later discussion, for now may I ask for your company to dinner? That is if you keep your foolish thoughts to yourself. I would rather dine with company rather than a survivor, a mere body, that is nothing. If that is who you are then I am better off dining alone.

She wanted to take a deep breath as she prepared herself to change roles but she knew doing such an action would betray her so she spoke in a voice she laced with sultry and spice, "You are the one with the upper hand remember so you make that decision."

With that she stepped into the firelight with more sophistication and pride than she ever thought she could muster.

She stood before him and watched him with her focused eyes as she realized that for a moment she was the one in control. She had clearly stunned him with her attire and perhaps a bit of her charm she was testing out for his eyes lingered upon every inch of her a bit longer than what he done during their previous encounters. Perhaps becoming a temptress and seducing him wasn't such an idiotic idea anymore.

His eyes gleamed and he had to force himself to look away before speaking, "That is not the gown I sent up to you. I never knew you were a seamstress."

"We both know that I do not have the eye to see or the talent to create such a wardrobe and certainly not in such a matter."

"I know you must withhold a special talent and I have made it my vow to discover what it is."

"Has my skill in fighting and surviving not been a talent?"

He smiled, "I wouldn't classify your combat skills to be a special talent by Alexzandron standards. You are simply a master of your culture. The talent I am searching for is one that I don't think you even know about."

"This talent is of little use to me then. Now we can get down to the matter and stop dancing around the matter at hand. I am not one that particularly cares for sweet words and for they are nothing but a waste of time and breath now you tell me now, why am I here. What do you want from me?"

He stares at her for a moment as if he is not sure if he should tell her or not but after a few moments he replies, "Living in a cage isn't very pleasant is it?"

Before she could shout back at him he continues, "You are here because you are one of great power. All who know of you fear you. Your mind is trained for fighting. You know what it takes to be a warrior, fight fearlessly, and think things through. You have something that I want."

He then took a drink from a goblet infuriating Ryker to the point she was about to explode but he quickly swallowed and said, "There is an army in which has made a vow to follow you... no matter which way you go although I might suggest you not wear red milady.