* 61 * Allies and Preparations

61

"Lady Arwen." Kordelia greeted as the majestic elleth stood before her.

"Lady Kordelia, I wish to thank you for bringing me here and bearing witness to what is to come. You are truly a magnificent lady whom I'm honored to call ally. I understand you do not possess many friends but I would like to reach out to you and let you know that you have a friend in me if you accept."

Kordelia didn't answer for a few minutes. She wasn't trying to be rude but she wasn't sure how to respond. When she looked back at Arwen she saw Theoden's neice as well, Eowen, who was watching the conversation with innocent eyes. The girl was no doubt the same age as Kordelia but she portrayed so much innocence which Kordelia felt she held nothing remotely innocent however she did see a defiant side to the woman and Kordelia knew what she had planned even if Eowen didn't know yet.

She returned her attention to Arwen and gave her response in a low melodic voice.

When you walk through the storm

Hold your head up high

And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind

Walk on, through the rain

Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Arwen and Eowen began to sing with Kordelia for the rest of the song.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone

You'll never walk alone

When you walk through the storm

Hold your head up high

And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind

Walk on, through the rain

Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone

You'll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone

You'll never walk, you'll never walk alone

When the song had ended they allowed silence to fall between them however they all felt something magnificent which was this new kinship toward one another. Yes they were from different races however they all fought for the same thing and were proud to be amongst each other although to others it may seem foolish or entrapping, Aragorn's wife to be, his lover, and his admirer. However none of it came to them as they readied themselves to depart which included Kordelia helping prepare Eowen's disguise to blend in with her kinsmen.

Theoden came to Kordelia and asked for the honor of having her ride alongside him as they left. She looked at Eomer who was standing to the King's right and she nodded her agreement while looking at Eomer.

Eomer slightly bowed his head to her in respect. She returned his gesture before she looked back at Theoden and said, "You may change your mind when you see The Last of the Wilds prepared for battle." And then she turned and returned to Epona who was anxious for not only the fight but the pre battle ritual.

Kordelia looked deep and hard into Epona's eyes until both their eyes were on fire before Kordelia retrieved her pouch in which she retrieved numerous vials of different colors along with different trinkets however one was filled with thick dark red liquid which appeared menacing but that was not what she retrieved first.

First thing she did was wash her hands before she hummed a haunting tune as she prepared her hair. In her hair she braided in a braid of familiar stallion hair which she had coated in a vile with bright red liquid which was from a flower from the Alexzandron lands before it was hit with devastation. Two braids were created and she added a feather to each braid from her beloved hawk and next she retrieved the menacing vial in which she treated with great care as she dipped her fingers in it before applying it to her face, across her hair line, down the middle of her forehead, across her face over her nose, down each cheek and down the middle of her chin. With the ash from the fire she drew two wolf like creatures on her chest.

Still on her knees she used a bowl and some water to mix powders to create vibrant colors in which she used to paint onto Epona's grey coat. Bright yellows, vibrant blues, flaming reds, and shocking black. Hand prints, a circle around one eye, lines, dashes, and so much more which could only be described as breath taking in its beauty and fear mongering. She did the same painting on Triduana while placing a feather on one of her talons.

Tenderly feathers were tied in the mare's mane and tail before Kordelia fell to her knees by the fire once again where she ignited a bundle of dried plants from sage to evening blossoms just enough so it smoked and she closed her eyes and seemed to wash her body in the smoke before returning to her feet to bathe Epona in the smoke before she returned to her knees and closed her eyes as she mentally prepared while remembering her teachings, her and friends, while allowing the thickness of the fear and anticipation in the air to sink into her as if it were her fuel which calmed her insides until she was ready.

She scooped a handful of dirt into her hands and allowed it to fall through her fingers before looking to the sky before proudly standing tall. She was ready.

She mounted Epona with such grace it seemed as though she were a ghost which made all those watching stop breathing for a few moments.

When she rode to the king he bowed his head greatly as did his steed however this time she did not return the gesture, not even to Eomer who also bowed. It seemed that the whole army of men and horses bowed in her presence however like royalty she stayed straight bit with a look in her eyes that would surely turn anyone to stone who dared look her in the eye. The queen of the battlefield was ready to follow the path of war.

*~*~*~*~*