*13* Look to the Past

Galadriel did not seem surprised by the news. “You could never love this woman?”

Aragorn ran his hand nervously through his hair and replied. “The first time I ever saw her I found myself attracted to her even after I knew she had slain a king. I found myself dreaming of her at all times. I was blinded by my passion for the small stranger that could have killed me with the flick of her wrist. So blind that I didn’t realize what was happening around me at the time. I loved her, really loved her.” Aragorn stopped speaking and took a ragged breath as if the memory was painful before he continued, “Until I saw what she had done to the kingdom. I was so wrapped up in her memory that I didn’t see or stop what was happening until it was too late. The day I awoke from my dreams and witnessed the evil she set into motion I swore to never dream again.”

“Until Arwen came into your life.” Galadriel finished with a smirk. 

Aragorn nodded his agreement and went on, “For these last years I had not heard anything more about her. There was no talk of the mysterious Ryker slayings and I thought she was dead meaning that I was free from my promise. I did not know she was an Alexzandron nor the reasoning behind her killings. I had no idea about her people being massacred. When I found her half alive in the river I once again found myself attracted to her and foolishly questioning my affections toward Arwen but at that moment I did not realize that it was the same girl. I did not know that I had rescued Ryker, the blood thirty assassin that leaves nothing but a blood diamond in her victim’s hand. The faceless murderer that made a kingdom tear itself apart. How could I love someone so heartless? How can I keep my promise to marry such a monster?”

Galadriel smiled a bit and said, “You say you mistakenly saved the life of a murderer but someone else might say you saved the life of a young woman. You may say she is heartless yet another may say she is heartbroken. Perhaps there is more to your promise and there may be more to Ryker.”

“How can I discover it now? There is no possible she can escape Moria. Too many orcs were upon her and she is in darkness alone.”

“Look to the past. Sometimes the answers appear just by asking.”

Aragorn stared at the fair she-elf and allowed her wisdom to sink in before he bowed to her and thanked her before she suggested that he get some rest.

Walking away Aragorn was left with the her words of wisdom, “Look to the past.” But he didn’t understand what it meant. How could he look to the past? Gandalf was gone. No one else knew much about the great warrior race let alone anything about this fair maiden that had been an invisible assassin.

“Look to the Past.”

“Aragorn!” Legolas called and strode to the man.

Aragorn shook his head to Legolas and proceeded to a place to be alone.

*~*~*~*~* Sorry this one is kind of short, well I’m not really sorry because this is a good spot to stop before going into a something a bit different. Just a fair warning that up ahead if things get a bit odd or confusing it is because I am into the wine or else Pendleton whiskey. Tee hee.

On another note what do you think about Aragorn’s promise to marry Ryker and his feelings toward her? Oh and don’t worry you will find out what happened to make him pretty much hate her. You all are great!