* 44 * Awe and Disbelief

The men, dwarf, elf, and wizard all smiled as they saw the beautiful mess which was Isenguard and a joyful welcoming committee which was the droll duo Merry and Pippin who were joyfully taking pleasure of the spoils of triumph.

"The salt pork is particularly good." Stated a gleeful Pippin whom was gorging himself with food as Merry took delight in a jolly smoke.

The hobbits sent the riders to Treebeard who was taking over management of the flooded Isenguard where an odd happening occurred. A hate filled Grima Wormtongue first threw the palantir from the tower before attacking his master who was about to reveal important information. Grima had succeeded in throwing Saruman from the tower where the wizard was impaled on one of his own war machines.

It was a pitiful sight but in this time of war it allowed a ray of hope to pierce their weary hearts.

When leaving the band came upon a stunning sight which made them freeze in both awe and disbelief.

There on a log was a girl they never thought they would see. Long red locks were flowing in the breeze as a beautiful figure clad in a fragile white garment, stared off into the distance with eyes that softly glowed like the sun in spring.

The sight was so dazzling that one could easily forget how deadly this woman was and the bloodshed she was responsible for. The company found themselves drawn toward her but before they could reach what could only be described as an angel, her fierce voice stopped them dead in their tracks and in her tone they were reminded that she was anything but an angel. "Ride on." Was all she said.

Two words was all it took for them to halt in compliance and she had not even turned to look at them as she said it but her tone held no beauty or peace as her body language had.

For once they obeyed, even the Rohirrim king, Theoden, who had not known her and was not accustomed to recieving orders let alone commands.

Gandalf the now white wizard led all but three riders away from the scene. The man, dwarf, and elf stayed there studying the woman who had been the mistress of the fellowship who now appeared even more daunting than before.

The prophesy was unveiling in front of them but the future was unclear. She held the future of middle earth and no one could know what was going on in her mind or heart or what she would choose but the feeling was very ominous.

They just stood there watching her in silence, waiting for her to scream at them or to shoot them, something to show she was still the same girl full of anger, mistrust, and hate. But her eyes stayed on the river as it flowed lazily toward the sea but the trio stood their ground for hours without muttering a word and she did not even acknowledge their presence.

Soon darkness began to fall upon them and in that time she had made some sort of gesture toward the out flowing river before standing. Her silhouette in the sunset was something breathtaking and dreamlike as her gown and hair flew in the wind like soft waves on a peaceful sea. A moment they all knew would be imprinted in their minds until their dying day.

Her voice was just barely audible but the song sounded loud in their hearts.

You'll be in my heart Yes, you'll be in my heart From this day on Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart No matter what they say You'll be here in my heart Always

A few moments after the sun had faded into the distance two stunning horses gracefully went to their mistress who mounted the dark stallion with a dancer's grace before she turned him to the riders. When she was in front of them she had a look in her eyes that could not be read but could make their hearts bleed in pain.

They did not know if she was disgusted with them, in pain, or what she was thinking. Once again they were left to ponder the mysteries she seemed to never answer.

She looked deep into each of their eyes and seemed to see their souls which sent chills down their spines until Legolas made a gesture that clearly shocked the Alexzandron girl. He removed his cloak and handed it to her and to all of their amazement, she took it and put it on before they left for Rohan in silence.

No one asked what went on, no one mumbled or murmured a word, not even a sneeze or cough interrupted the silence until they reached the home of King Theoden.

*~*~*~*~*

This concludes Part 2 of The Mistress of the Fellowship, Lady of the Tower.

I hope you have enjoyed Thayonidas, I sure have, to be honest I couldn't figure out how to get Legolas, Gimli, amd Aragorn into the second part so Thayonidas seemed perfect to fill the lot. More romance, intensity, heartache, and surprises ahead. Hope you enjoy!!! I have loved the feedback!

Also I'm doing the brat thing and whoever gives me feedback (actual feedback) will have parts dedicated to them and special recognition pending on the feedback. Like I said, I'm going to be a brat.