* 1 * Out of the Ashes

From the young age of four she began her training as a warrior. To become one with a blade, have precise aim with an arrow, be invisible in broad daylight, and to listen and obey her instincts. It was no wonder the Alexzandron people were feared for their children could slay an orc by the time they walked and by the time they reached a mature age they feared nothing. Especially death.

 They were respected by most but feared by all and so it was no surprise the day a private meeting of kings of elves, dwarves, and men. On this day a white wizard that had been known to be wise and kind brought up the motion to exterminate the Alexzandron breed before they turned on all living creatures killing innocent people or find the ring and use it to destroy middle earth.

At first no one took the proposition seriously for they all knew the Alexzandron people were protectors of men that took pride in their fight for good while always searching for the lost ring that had become myth but soon there was talk of the warrior people withholding great treasures in their mountains. Diamonds, mithrel, gold, and copper beyond belief were what the people were hiding in their lone barren land.

The wanting of more wealth filled the greedy souls and in a short time the motion was passed without a bit of hesitation. Gold seemed to be greater than life.

The next problem was how to exterminate the breed of men. The Alexzandron people could not be slain by force for they were much too great of warriors with unbelievable war strategies. Their numbers were few but their heart and lack of fear would certainly destroy too many before the race of men was erased. And so the corrupt wizard cast a plague through the lands that targeted only those with Alexzandron blood and all they had touched like their horses. The cowardly plague was sent through their lands like a hurricane killing everything and everyone in its path until there was not a single Alexzandros man, woman, or child left.

Or so they thought.

Kordelia was supposed to be in their grim forest hunting for a troll to slay and prove she was a warrior. But what took most Alexzandron men a month to find took the fourteen year old girl a day all thanks to her highly sensitive senses. She had the ears of a fox, nose of a hound, and instinct of a wolf. To spend the rest of her time she ventured off to Mirkwoodl to watch the elves until the day she was expected home.

 She lived for a month with only the company of her hawk, Celegorn, without the elves ever knowing of her presence even when she was only five feet away as some passed. It was a true test of an Alexzandron warrior, to hide and become invisible to elves in their own territory.

On the way home smoke billowed from the valley which she called home causing the young girl’s heart to hasten in anticipation. Who would be fooloish enough to attack her village? No matter she was about to join int the fight. She ran quickly to her village and what she saw she would never forget. Everything was engulfed in flames as the stench of burning flesh burned her nose and the image of her people and livestock including her three year old nephew and newborn foul being cremated would be forever burned into the young girl’s heart and haunt her for many years and filling her soul with hate and desire for revenge.

Falling to her knees she let out a howl or pain, sorrow, and anger as the flameless smoke rose in the air casting a gloom across the Alexzandron lands.

She did not dare touch anything or anyone for the scent of disease still lingered in the air and she proceeded to apologize to her loved ones for not being able to give them a proper burial however she did vow to kill those who had done this to her people. However a voice on the wind, a familiar voice, whispered to her to keep watch over something. Something of great evil, something that was lost. The ring.