* 67 * Now We are Free

A scream made the whole battlefield seize, even Legolas who was fighting to get to a dying Kordelia, stopped to look. The eye of Sauron was faltering!

Legolas manged to get to Kordelia and he picked her up just as the most glorious sight began to unfold before them. All of Sauron's evil was falling bringing tears to all which witnessed the miraculous defeat. It appeared that the ring had been destroyed and Middle Earth was released from their bonds and destroying the evil lands of Mordor with fire.

It was wondrous to see it until the destruction of Mount Doom, where Frodo Baggin and Samwise Gamg were.

Sadness fell upon the soldiers as the remaining vile creatures fled. Aragorn and Gandalf seemed to be the most distraught by this turn of events.

Kordelia gestures her hand which caught the attention of one of the eagles which brought three of them to the ground where Gandalf spoke to them before they carried him off to the rivers of fire.

Legolas continued to hold Kordelia while her blood trickled down the front of him as they all stared and waited to see if Gandalf could find the hobbit.

Kordelia wasn't sure how much longer she could hold on and so in the silence she whispered to Legolas, "Set me down."

He looked at her about to protest until he noticed the pleading in her eyes and so gently he set her down on her unsteady feet. As soon as he let go she fell forward but he caught her before she could touch the ground but she softly said, "I will kneel." And so gently he helped her onto her knees as she propped up her sword to help her sit up straight as she stared at the sky before she closed her eyes and allowed the feel of freedom to fall upon her.

Her body was weak but her voice was not.

Across the battlefield all despair seized as they listened and felt the message. The language was unknown to them however the way she sang it made all know they had won their freedom was the evil.

Anol shalom

Anol sheh lay konnud de ne um (shaddai)

Flavum

Nom de leesh

Ham de nam um das

La um de

Flavne

We de ze zu bu

We de sooo a ru

Un va-a pesh a lay

Un vi-i bee

Un da la pech ni sa

(Aaahh)

Un di-i lay na day

Un ma la pech a nay

mee di nu ku

La la da pa da le na da na

Ve va da pa da le na la dumda

La la da pa da le na da na

Ve va da pa da le na la dumda

La la da pa da le na da na

Ve va da pa da le na la dumda

La la da pa da le na da na

Ve va da pa da le na la dumda

Anol shalom

Anol sheh ley kon-nud de ne um.

Flavum

Flavum

M-ai shondol-lee

Flavu (live on)

Lof flesh lay

Nof ne

Nom de lis

Ham de num um dass

La um de

Flavne

Flay

Shom de nomm

Ma-lun des

Dwondi

Dwwoondi

Alas sharum du koos

Shaley koot-tum

When her voice faded away silence continued on as more tears fell down the faces of all those who fought this day.

Suddenly a glimmer appeared as the eagles began to fly toward Minas Tirth. Aragorn excitedly yelled, "They have found Frodo!"

Cheers sounded and Kordelia let go of her sword and proceeded to remove one of Celegorn's feathers followed by unbraiding her hair, leaving the rest in her hair. The wind blew her locks lovingly like a lover would gently run their fingers through their beloved's hair. With tears in her eyes she spoke in her native tongue and said, "We are now free." and she released the feather in the wind and watched it fly high into the sky before disappearing.

A hand came to rest upon her shoulder and she reached up to grasp it as she continued to stare up into the sky. She felt the love of her family, the devotion of Celegorn and Cadeyrn, the admiration of her people. She was truly free and would forever be now.

Death was ready to take her now and was not about to let go but it did not make her fret. She was too over come with comfort she did not worry. Around her she felt the presence of Eomer, Aragorn, Gimli, Merry, Pippin, and Theoden's guards while she held onto Legolas's hand.

Before her they all laid down their weapons, a gesture of the greatest of respect and admiration of the Alexzandron people which Gandalf must have told them.

To her surprise Legolas laid down not only his bow and daggers but also one of hers in which she lost before she was captured and taken to Isenguard. A touching gesture as she found knowing he took it with him as a token of remembrance of he when she was thought to be dead. He had kept her blade to continue allowing the Alexzandron to slay evil, but she knew some of it contributed to her alone. 

She looked up at him with thanking eyes before the last of them stepped forward, the rightful king of Gondor. Aragorn laid down his sword and bowed onto one knee to her as tears flowed freely down his face.

No words could be found between them both but as she slumped forward Aragorn gently kissed her brow.

Peaceful darkness

*~*~*~*~* Sooooo.... What do you think? minus the horrible editing and proof reading, I have just been so desperate to get this written and up since I've been awol for a bit. When I get some more time I will edit and stuff... Ya'll are awesome!!! Dedications and pictures to come too.