* 39 * Love will Blind and Kill

The waters were hot and the currents tried to push them down but together with the help of the ents they made it to the tower which seemed to be the only thing left standing.

The ents were able to thrust her up onto the balcony above the entrance where she hoped she would be greeted by the wizard but to her surprise she was not. She scanned the area rapidly and found no one to be there but inside she heard footsteps and so she made herself disappear into the shadows. Perhaps she could surprise him.

Quickly she realized there were more than one set of feet approaching making her realize that perhaps she was in for the surprise. The doors soon opened and she was right. She was the one surprised.

A man with yellow skin and black greasy hair entered first and her first thought was that he was a snake but quickly she was filled with anger and anticipation as the wizard strode in but shock was seeing Thayonidas there.

Had she been in fact right about him being allies with the damned wizard? Was he just a silver tongued demon that knew how to charm one into believing in hope and bravery?

There behind him with a wand raised was Sonora who appeared to be very pleased with herself.

"I recovered him returning from Helm's Deep but without the girl." Stated Sonora.

The wizard jerked around and shouted, "Where is she now pirate?!" and he held up his staff and Thayonidas hunched over and moaned in pain for a moment before replying, "I left her there."

The wizard seemed to strike him again with an unseen force and Thayonidas fell to one knee as the wizard said, "Liar! She would never stay, especially with her companions she believes to have betrayed her! I also received word that she was seen riding off with a basilisk in disguise."

"Will you allow me to finish my lord?"

"Choose your words wisely pirate. I know where your allegiance lies."

Thayonidas looked up at the wizard with hate raging in his eyes as he proceeded, "I left her at Helm's Deep where she went in search for royal blood and I have no doubt she found it. I left her there so I could come before you and kill you or die trying."