*10* Heartless & Heartache

The members of the fellowship settled down and if fatigue hadn’t been weighing so much on them no one would have got any rest. After such horrific tales facing the darkness was terrifying but little did they know that someone had blessed them so they would not be ailed but the bloody thoughts.

Legolas stood watch alone for some time but was soon approached by Aragorn. Legolas looked upon his weary companion and in elvish said, “There is much about our mistress that pains you. What is it that causes you to distress?”

Aragorn looked out toward the trees and sighed before saying, “I have seen what she can do and that was when she was a mere child. It is not that I fear her, I rather respect her skills however what haunts me is the aftermath.”

“I do not understand.” Legolas stated looking at his friend just before an arrow pierced the ground at his feet causing both warriors to stand at the ready. Legolas had an arrow knocked and Aragorn had drawn his sword and they watched as Ryker sashayed out of the shadows like she had just evolved from the darkness.

“What is the meaning of this?” Aragorn hissed as he sheathed his sword.

She didn’t reply, rather she just went and jerked the arrow up out of the dirt and from under the earth stuck on the arrowhead there was a snake. The arrow had gone straight through its head killing it but judging by the size and look, this snake was very poisonous and deadly. There was no doubt that the snake was about to strike Legolas. Before he could thank her for perhaps saving his life she leaned on her bow and said, “After I killed King Dathan his wife went mad.” Answering what Aragorn was going to say but the tone in which she said it in sounded so heartless and cruel. Did this woman posess any sort of heart?

Aragorn became angered by her tone and growled, “She sent out a decree to have every beautiful young girl beheaded! She even went as far as to kill her daughters herself! All of this because you killed her husband! I was once told the Alexzandron people had the greatest hearts there ever was but I can clearly see you have no heart!”

She jerked her hood off and glared at him. The look she gave him seemed to freeze his heart and cause his body to become unresponsive as she came closer. She was so close her chest almost rubbed against his. He had to look down upon her which in this matter did not give him the feeling of dominance in any way. Her eyes were wild like a wolf about to take down its kill and her voice came out as a snarl, “You know nothing about being heartless. Perhaps one day you will be able to open your eyes and identify the true heartless beings.”

Aragorn just glared back at her in defiance before saying, “I believe it is time you go back on your patrol.”