* 59 * Speaking to a Friend

59

Kordelia turned and went to her weapons which she calmly replaced back onto her body before returning once again to the small congregation with anger still smoldering in her fierce eyes.

She studied each one of them before she made her statement. "This pains me greatly and I feel as though I have failed my people because of this maddening and foolish deed. What Aragorn has initiated surrenders these cowards and monsters to the bliss of death. A blessing far too great for any single one of them to deserve and I will never forget this time as justice has been eluded by a vast number of the worst beings to ever breath in Middle Earth."

She looked each one of them in the eye before continuing, "Murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, and cowards are what he tends to release and I will be no part of it."

Théoden spoke in a gravelly voice, "Not a one of us can fault you for your choice nor do we find it foolish. Your people deserve justice."

She stared hard at him and replied, "Yes they do... and that's why I will stay and fight."

The words visibly shocked them all and before they could breathe Kordelia continued, "This is not a war for vengeance of my people nor is it a fight for men to claim this world. This war is for Middle Earth and for such a cause I will fight to the end. If we overcome and smite this evil even with relinquishing punishment for those abominations in that mountain, it will bring honor to the Alexzandron people even if their memory dies with me on the battlefield. I may distrust you all but I am your ally. I fight for Middle Earth no matter the cost."

It took a few moments for the party to believe what this hardened fighting lady had announced where she stood and that was with them.

Elrond was the first to speak, "The wisdom and selflessness of the Alexzandron people has been proven and seen these last days. Never will you or your people be doubted or found deceptive. It will be an honor to fight beside the Alexzandron."

King Théoden spoke next, "I am esteemed to fight with you... Kordelia... The last of the Wilds."

This brought a smirk to Kordelia's lips as she said, "I anxiously await this battle. There is much I wish to express to the enemy."

Théoden had a broad smile as he said, "I anxiously await to witness your blades send their message."

"I suggest you do not blink for they have a tendency to speak quickly." replied Kordelia before she gave him a wink which caused the King of Rohan to chuckle.

The food Théoden had arranged for arrived and Kordelia found herself once again taking extreme precaution while avoiding the wine as she recalled blurred pieces of that damned night when she was frolicking before... before Théoden's people maimed Cadeyrn.

Kordelia however allowed herself to indulge on the bread, something she always found to be her favorite and one day she hoped to try toast and butter but for now the plain bread was heavenly.

She ended up taking two loaves with her when she left to see to Epona and when came upon her and Éomer she almost smiled as she watched Éomer gently stroke her with a brush as he spoke to her softly and tenderly and it appeared that Epona was greatly enjoying both.

It was something sweet and something she recalled seeing Legolas do when he arrived in Rivendell when she was wounded from her fall.

She stepped out of the shadows and both mare and man looked up at her with expecting eyes and Kordelia knew if Éomer had ears such as Epona, they would be facing forward just as Epona's did at this time. A thought which made her almost smile... almost.

She stepped forward and stroked Epona's neck and looked into her eye before saying, "Thank you."

Éomer continued to brush and smile, "My pleasure. Has been an honor being in the presence of such fine ladies."

Kordelia chuckled softly, "I think we all can agree that the only lady here is this mare."

Éomer shook his head, "I will see you as a lady until the day I die." He looked in her eyes so she knew he was serious. "So tell me, what is your plan now that you know where your companions are going and what they plan to accomplish?"

Kordelia stopped stroking Epona and stood their frozen for a moment before answering, "I will admit that it has me incredibly angered. My head is screaming to go after them and kill them before they release those malevolent beasts. I know what they had done and will forever be haunted with it. The only bliss I ever received was sending them to where they are now to live forever in misery. A just punishment in my eyes for such evil beings but they are going for their aide and will release them once they fulfill their oaths... They deserve to be where they are forever."

Éomer nodded his head and asked softly, "Are you leaving now?"

A mocking smile crossed her lips as she replied, "I will depart when Middle Earth has been sated with every last drop of my blood and my soul... I am staying to fight, for this is about more than a war for the race of men, elves, orcs, or dwarves. This is a war for Middle Earth. I have felt her pain and am answering her plea for help."

Éomer let her words sink in before he smiled which Kordelia quickly caught and snapped, "What do you find so amusing?"

Éomer chuckled and asked, "So if we are triumphant, does that mean you will slay the King of Gondor at his coronation along with Legolas and Gimli?"

Kordelia smirked and looked back at Epona before she replied, "Perhaps, I may need some time to plot my perfect revenge and evaluate whether I can send them back down the Path of the Dead."

They both chuckled a bit, a way that friends would when sharing a joke before Éomer's sister came to retrieve him in which led them both to simply say, "Good night." before he parted.

Éomer was a fine man and may perhaps be the first she could call friend, or at least the first to call a living friend for Thayonidas was her first friend outside of her hawk and horse although he was half elf. No matter. She was do what she could for Éomer to keep him alive. She just hoped she could be more successful than she was with Thayonidas.

*~*~*~*~*