* 81 * Scarborough Fair

Days turned to weeks and weeks faded to months and Kordelia took pleasure in discovering the many wonders Middle Earth beheld. So much beauty was all around her and she found many creatures which had come to aide in the cause of saving middle earth and began delegating treaties of peace and creating territories for the creatures which she would approve with the kings of the lands.

When the treaties were signed, she was present for the feasts in which she discovered many varieties of food, dance, and songs. Joys she never knew filled her soul but still there was much danger with rogues running loose but her fighting ways never faded or weakened. The orcs whom had escaped were falling in number while the civilizations, forests, and waters flourished.

Every night she watched the sun fade and gaze at the stars and moon while in the mornings she always awoke during the darkest hour so she could greet the day. Every time she found beauty and miracles, even on those days of rain and snow. She witnessed new life brought into the world and peaceful death. The magic Arda exposed was breathtaking and she often questioned why she had never noticed such amazements although a part of her longed for more.

When spring came around she, her steed and hawk made their way to Rohan to fulfill the promise she had made to the now King of Rohan. Epona gracefully loped along with a black colt at her side, the son of Cadeyrn, and above them Triduana flew valiantly.

As they neared a horse and rider emerged and rode to them.

Kordelia smiled for she knew it was Éomer and as he came closer she could see him smiling

When he was within twenty feet he dismounted and removed his helmet and stared at her as Epona halted. Kordelia dismounted and returned his stoic stare for a few moments before he lost the staring war and began to chuckle which in turn caused her to have the same reaction before they approached each other and embraced one another.

When they pulled apart he said, "Your presence brings much joy to Rohan and the Lord of the Riddermark says he is the one most joyous to see you in these days of new. You are just in time for Scarbough fair."

"Scarbough fair?" she asked in surprise. She remembered her people's festival with the same name and immediately she recalled the song they sang.

Eomer read her surprise and said, "We people of Rohan felt it would be proper to celebrate Scarbough fair. I have declared it in remembrance of you and your people, least we never forget and may hold the Alexzandron people with us always. Many of us have put much effort in regaining much knowledge of the great people, recording all legends from the elders from around the world, searched for any sort of documents pertaining to them, and have spent many hours pondering and recalling any and all things about you. The looks you have given many of us, the way you speak, the way you glide like a dancer when engaged in battle, the way your eyes seem to glow, the way your feet make no sound unless you wish them to, and the way those golden eyes always move around searching for everything."

Kordelia rolled her eyes, "I take great honor in knowing you are trying to uphold to history of my people and keep it alive, however your focus on me is terribly unnecessary. All my life I have been an outcast of my people in almost all ways. My eyes and heart are about the only part of my people that I betray. They were much greater in size and did not move like a dancer, which they found to be frivolous in me. It is a great honor what you are doing for my people and I wish to help in any possible way."

Eomer smiled more and replied, "There is much I need your advice on and tomorrow we celebrate but one this eve I only request your company and telling me of your travels. I have heard many rumors and the facts from the messages you have sent are disappointingly impersonal."