* 35 * Brave

Thayonidas found her first and seemed concerned as she approached holding her head with a grim expression on her face.

There beside Thayonidas was one of the great eagles whom bowed to the woman as she approached. She was taken aback a moment by the creature and by the expression on her face, Thayonidas knew her mind returned to that of one of her latest friends, Celegorn the great hawk whom had been her companion for countless years.

The centiment quickly vanished and she regained her brave deminor before she returned the bow and spoke, “Master of the Skies, if I may ask of thee to relay a message to my troops?” The eagle cocked its great head and she went on. “Tell them I shall return within the next three days but they are to hold their position and remain hidden. That is all.”

The eagle seemed to blink in reply before taking flight.  

Kordelia sounded for her mare whom seemed to appear out of nowhere and mounted. When she was seated she turned to Thayonidas and asked, “Are you coming or not? Time is not on or side.”

Thayonidas whistled for his mount and out of the darkness an ebony steed came bounding and with haste they were on their way to Helm’s Deep where a massacre was to take place.

The journey was one of stealth and speed as they rushed to the stronghold. In the air the scent of fear was thick to the point it would have disgusted Kordelia if it wasn’t for the knowing that much of that fear was of young boys that knew their blood was to fall on the stones in which they now walked across.

Snow had fallen as they set eyes on the garrison but they also discovered that Saruman’s army was within sight as well. The awful sound of the orcs and Uruk Hai grunting and growling turned Kordelia’s lips to a sneer while the air began to feel more and more vile. Such revolting creatures!

Together Kordelia and Thayonidas rode forth to try and discover a way to enter and see as to what they might discover. For the covert duo the task was accomplished by entering through a drain which in turn made Kordelia uneasy as she thought of the white wizard’s army discovering it and somehow exploiting it. The dimwitted creatures only knew brute force but Saruman knew more and would surely come up with a plan. A plan they could only pray didn’t exist.

Nonetheless they entered and blended themselves in with the people of Rohan. Kordelia kept her hood up to conceal her identity for she could feel Legolas’s presence near as was Aragorn and Gimli.