* 31 * Like a Wildfire

“How do I become rid of this curse which makes me see what is not?” Kordelia asked.

“Depends.” replied Thayonidas with a smirk. “How badly do you want it gone? What are you willing to do?”

“This is no time to be acting a fool.”

“What if I told you all it took was a kiss?”

Kordelia scoffed, “You have some nerve half blood. Do you honestly find me to be daft or is this some sort of amusing game?”

“Of course it is a game my lady and one you are dreadfully awful at.”

“Silly heartedness during this time is pointless. All it does is waste precious time.”

Thayonidas smiled sweetly and replied, “You are correct about wasting time however you must keep your spirit alive and well and so these silly hearted games in life are what make life enjoyable. Make it worth living.”

Kordelia allowed his words to sink in and she nodded her agreement however she was not sure how to exactly play these games. To allow herself to become silly and flirtatious was something she knew nothing about. The only friends she had had in these many years were a hawk and a horse.

“Seeing as you are not buying into the kiss I suppose we should look into other alternatives. The alternative is an elixir. Nectar of the Evening Blossom, lilac oil, a whole lissium ground up, Elanor, two drops of water from the Black River of Mirkwood, and the last is a drop of man’s blood, royal blood that is.”

“So what do you have in your possession thus far and when do we leave to Rohan to find king Theoden or Aragorn?”

“I have everything except for the blood.”

“To make the journey without causing Saruman to make a premature attack on us we must take this army to Rohan. We will speak of this to no one but once there and able to break this curse we will attack our enemy.”