* 72 * Arda's Blessing

Legolas and Éomer returned to her chamber when she emerged with Arwen behind her who had helped the warrior queen prepare. Kordelia was wearing an elegant blue gown which of course bared her arms and shoulders but her hair was in and updo and all found her to be fairer than Galadriel. Each step she took appeared as if she were floating until she stood before the man of Rohan and the elf of Mirkwood. She stood before them and gave them a slight bow which they returned and proceeded to step to either side of her. Graciously she accepted their offering arms and allowed them to escort her to the Throne room where the rest of the company awaited.

They all stood and stared as she entered with her unconditional beauty and grace until she stood before them. Éomer and Legolas hesitantly relinquished her arms and joined the rest.

Gandalf, Aragorn, Eowyn, Frodo, Samwise, Merry, Pippin, Arwen, Elrond, Faramir, Éomer, Legolas, and a surprising guest, Galadriel. All were anxious to know how it was this Alexzandron woman lived but knew they would only know when she was ready to share.

She wasted no time getting down to business, portraying the woman they knew. No nonsense and right to the point proving she was not a new woman as they had thought when she greeted them all warmly.

Her eyes were hard and she looked at each of them before she began.

"I died there on the battlefield in blissful glory that all Alexzandron people prayed for. Do not assume I was in a simple state of rest for my heart had seized to beat and my spirit drifted from my body there on the battlefield with my weapons in hand as I fell amongst fallen allies and greater numbers of enemies. I was able to briefly reunite with my people before I was summoned before Arda."

She allowed the words to sink in and to compose herself so she would not betray weakness and how the encounter touched her heart and soul so greatly. "I was taken back through important events from the meeting in the woods when I was only a child, meeting Aragorn after my first slaying, before during and after the first meeting in Rivendell, and countless other events I wish not to share. These events were unfamiliar for I was shown all from a different point of view. I saw each of you in a manner I was not accustomed and sensed emotions I had never knew. Arda is joyous for the defeat of evil and has been listening to the many prayers and tears for... me."

She looked away from them all to regain her composure for it seemed as though she might shed a tear. Once she had regained herself she quickly stated, "Arda has blessed me with this second chance of life."

Tears were falling from the eyes of the most of those in the room and so quickly feeling most uncomfortable Kordelia said, "I desire your forgiveness of my pride."

Silence filled the room for some time before Legolas stepped forward and spoke, "In my eyes, you have been forgiven since you fell upon the battlefield. You have more that earned forgiveness for all of your doings. This new life you have been gifted with is also a gift to all of us. In all truth we have had no right or reason to condemn you in anyway, rather is it we who should be asking for your forgiveness."

Aragorn stepped forward and interrupted, "I most of all. Before you now I ask you, I beg of you, to please forgive me for my wrong doings. For my bitterness and wrongful blame."

Kordelia looked him up and down and said, "You have no doubt earned the right to be king on the morrow. Your humility proves this."

Before she could go on he knelt down on one knee in front of her and took her hand in his. "This world would be nothing without you. I would not be worthy to be king without you and all I can think of is asking, begging you to be the queen of Gondor. You have taught me much and I have no doubt you will continue to teach me and make Gondor greater than it ever thought possible. Please Ryker. Please become my wife tomorrow." A tear fell down Aragorn's cheek and Kordelia was shocked. This was not what she had expected or anticipated and if she were any weaker she knew she would have fallen to the floor.

A familiar voice sounded in her head and she closed her eyes to listen. It was Thayonidas's voice singing out the words, Be Brave followed by the voices she had heard in her youth when she was hiding in a tree looking down upon a private meeting in which Aragorn had been present. She recalled his voice vowing and again Thayonidas's voices echoed, "Be Brave."

She opened her eyes and looked down upon Aragorn who was close to trembling and it sounded like a stranger speaking when her voice answered, "I recall you making this vow long ago before this war, before my people-" she didn't finish about her people, rather continued past it, "It was just before the time when your father died when I overheard the meeting in the woods. Arda has been spared from chaos and has spared me from departing this life without knowing the trueness of it .Let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in the days of peace. You shall sing and behind the banner of the elves your bride shall await. Tomorrow I shall prepare myself in white and come before you as king. This is my answer Aragorn, rightful king of Gondor."

Aragorn smiled and stood before her and embraced her before releasing her.

She looked around and stated she was feeling weak and wished to return to her chambers which everyone allowed Aragorn to escort her.

*~*~*~*~*