* 14 * Hope

Legolas knew something the Lady of the Woods told Aragorn was something painful and he couldn’t help but feel it had to do with Ryker. No! Not Ryker. It had to do with Kordelia.

The thought of her name pieced his heart as he recalled those moments of pain in her eyes, the tears, and the last look of madness as she ran off into the darkness. It was heartbreaking witnessing the pain in her eyes as the loss of her hawk radiated like the loss of a mother losing her child.

Legolas went to the river bank and watched it flow as the moon beams made it glimmer as his heart ached with her memory.

It was not long until another’s presence made Legolas turn. He was not surprised to see the Lady of the Wood in her fairness. She came to him and asked, “Did you think she was beautiful?”

The question was one Legolas never asked himself before and seemed to make his mind stumble for a moment before he answered, “She has a beauty that we elves cannot understand and she does not know she possesses it.”

“You believe she survived?”

“In these dark times the only light there is, is hope. I must have hope that we can defeat this evil. I must have hope that she lives or else my heart may fall into despair.”

“What is it about this mortal Alexzandron girl that pains you?”

“I believe she should have the chance to know happiness. For too long she has felt anguish, rage and loneliness. No being should have to bear such burdens.”

“What do you see when you see her?”

“She wears many masks to hide her true beauty which she does not know dwells within her. She has put countless walls to protect her tender heart.”

“You hope to one day see her beauty and her heart. My dear Woodland Prince you have become blinded by what you want rather than what is. You know what the race of men does.”

Legolas let this sink in as he recalled how easily corrupted men can be but then he raised his head proudly and said, “You are correct my lady but she is no man.”

With that Legolas walked away.

*~*~*~*~*~* “I am No MAN! Hmmm that sounds familiar.

So what are your thoughts about Ryker/Kordelia?

Anyone else think there should be a Tolkien Theme Park like Disneyland? Ha ha. Could be a barrel ride in Mirkwood, the shire could have restaurants in the holes in the ground, Moria could be a shooting game ride, can explore Helm’s Deep, ride horses in Rohan, and whatever. What are your thoughts and would sort of rides and themes and stuff can you think of?