* 71 * Reminiscing

No one had an answer and so during the confusion, Legolas allowed himself to slip away to sit in front of her door and stare out the window at the beautiful sunlight as her song of Grace echoed in his mind making him smile.

"Thank you." He said to the world with his whole heart. She had been blessed with this second chance of life and no one deserved it as much as she did.

In his hands he toyed with one of the blue evening blossoms that had fallen from her hair and he decided then and there he would forever keep it. The evening blossom was her flower and he briefly pondered if perhaps it was created just for her.

Silence filled the halls but the sounds coming from outside were bustling and Legolas knew that the news of Kordelia being alive had reached them and seemed to lift their spirits. The day seemed brighter, colors more vivid and the vegetation more lush. It was truly a blessed day.

This was a proud moment and Legolas allowed himself to bask in it without wondering why for he was too immersed in the rapture of her being alive and able to see this beautiful world in a new way.

Éomer soon came along and was surprised to see the elf sitting outside the door and did not appear as though he was willing to leave so the man sat down on the stone next to the Prince of Mirkwood.

They sat in silence before Éomer spoke, "All of this has my head spinning but I cannot contain my joy of her being alive."

Legolas smiled more and replied, "I know what you mean. She is most certainly a special woman and deserves to enjoy this life."

"She most certainly does and if I'm not mistaken, there are suitors wanting to be the ones to share that life with her."

The words hit Legolas wrong and he found himself being angered by the thought of someone wanting to share her life. She deserved a whole life to herself and not have to share with anyone but then he wondered if he felt irritated because he wanted to be the one to show her the world? No matter he looked back at Éomer who did not make eye contact but Legolas added, "She most certainly is a special woman and will do as she sees fit. Even with this softened nature I do not believe she will yield her sophistication to allow anyone to make a single decision for her."

Éomer chuckled, "Damn you elves and your big words but I will agree with you. No one can make her do anything.

Legolas then asked, "Tell me how it is you came upon her."

Éomer chuckled again and replied, "She was the one to find me, the sly devil. It was before the battle at Helm's Deep when she lured my men in with a hypnotizing song, the Last Rose of Summer, I remember because I heard the song too and was close to riding out as well to find the keeper of the voice. She was dressed as a wanderer and had a spell cast upon her to hide the gold in her eyes but her mere presence had my hair on end and the air felt electric as if lightning were to strike at any moment. After some time the spell wore off and when I saw those fierce gilded eyes I was nearly in a panic knowing she had come for blood and no doubt mine." Both man and elf sniggered before Éomer went on, "I pulled her aside and confronted her knowing I was surely to die by the blade of the Last of the Wilds. She asked me questions about why my band was banished and where my allegiance lay in her intimidating manner that I have no doubt you know."

Legolas smiled and replied, "She has a talent of creating fear and intimidating those around her, even her allies."

"Well she proceeds to tell me about the oncoming slaughter of my people which put a fire under me to rush to their aide but then she hits me with a wildfire of fear as she tells me she not only came for information but for blood. I think I am dead where I stand but decide I will fight and not just allow her to kill me and so I reach for my dagger and she nearly laughs out loud at the gesture before reaching into her bag and tossing me a vile. I thought she was just taunting me when she asked for a few drops of my blood."