* 30 * Her Heart and His Eyes

The alluring scent of lavender seemed to bring her body and mind at ease as she awoke but to her astonishment she was still in the pools but more alarming was the fact that she was cradled in Thayonidas's arms. The feel of slick flesh against slick flesh was one she was no accustomed to and found it to be rather... confusing.

She hated the fact that anyone was touching her, especially Thayonidas, but somewhere inside she found the feel to be soothing yet exhilarating. Quickly she dismissed such foolish thoughts and yanked away from him and like a shy maiden her arms thrust to her chest to cover herself although she knew he couldn't see her, but had he when she was unconscious? How long had she been out? Where did he get the lavender?

When she finally looked up at him she was once again surprised for he did not look at her with arrogance, teasing, or even challengingly. He looked at her with only concern. He judgments on this man had been nothing but false and even now she wasn't sure if his concern was genuine.

Before she could ask him the length of time she had been in her stupor he seemed to read her mind and said, "You only lost consciousness for a few minutes and if you will take my word, I assure you that I was a gentleman and never took any sort of advantage of you."

Her mind was still muddled and giving her another headache as the fight inside tried to ensue once again. She brought her fists up to her throbbing eyes and clenched her jaw as the pain pounded on inside like a heard of wild Mears in a panic until finally it seemed as though her chest moved to her throat and in her mind she heard her own voice scream, "STOP!"

Everything came to a halt inside of her and she found herself breathing hard and with that she began to take control once more. "Enough of my mind trying to make sense!" she told herself. "My heart has never let me down."

Her mind tried to add, "But it was your heart that broke when your people were slain. You said it yourself, you lost your heart that day."

Again she shook her head and replied, "No, I tried to hide my heart but its resilience has kept me alive and has brought me this far. My mind has lead me into nothing but trouble these past weeks but now it is time to regain control. I am through hiding. I still wish to kill the wizard but I will not hide!"

Her body instantly became calm yet taught. Once again the proud Alexzandron was present rather than the one full of scorn, hate, and distrust.

She took a few moments to revel in the feeling before she looked back at Thayonidas. She stood up proud and Thayonidas smiled and she knew it was one of joy and pride.

"Welcome back Kordelia." He said in a voice that she found familiar and also trusting.

She gave him a bit of a smile and suddenly again she saw Legolas in Thayonidas's brown eyes but Legolas has blue eyes... Her smile halts and she says, "It was a dream?"

Confused, Thayonidas lifts and eyebrow in a silent question.

Again she repeats, "It was a lie." She looks at him and asks, "How was I brought to the castle?"

"Haradrim." He answers.

"It doesn't make sense. That castle doesn't make sense. All of this does not make sense now."

"What do you mean?" he asks and takes a step closer.

"I thought I was given to my captors by my companions. I remember it so vividly and now as I recall there is something that doesn't make sense and makes me question everything."

"Do explain because you are not making sense."

She stared him in the eye and told him how Aragorn had persuaded her into the forest where she was ambushed by the Haradrim. "As I was captured my elf companion was up a tree watching me. I remember it so vividly as he showed me the green dragon leaf in which was used to poison me and told me I deserved this fate."