*80* Departure

Kordelia packed her things and readied Epona for their travels but before she left she said her farewells.

First she went to Arwen and Aragorn whom begged for her to stay longer but she told them she had much to do and many creatures to express gratitude to and see about helping break the fear between man and the many different creatures.

Gandalf was very proud of her and vowed he would do all he could to begin a written history of her people and of course the valiant things she had accomplished which he said would fill a book of its own.

Eowyn first asked to go with her but Kordelia denied her request and told how there was greatness in her future, although Kordelia did not mention how she knew that love was to quickly take hold of her heart.

The hobbits wept and hugged her and made her promise to stop by the Shire at least once a year or so for a visit.

Gimili promised to teach her how to properly drink when they crossed paths again.

Éomer made her vow to visit him every spring and promise to send him letters as often as she could and to send word to him where he could send her letters. They would stay in touch and always be friends. He would come to her aide no matter where she was and she vowed the same.

Finally there was Legolas. She was not ready to talk to him about what had happened. It had taken much courage just to be able to look into his eyes. Awkward silence filled the gap between them before she finally said, "I do hope our paths cross again."

He smirked and replied, "I have a feeling our paths may cross often milady."

She did not know how to reply and so she awkwardly stepped forward and embraced him gently before the thought slipped from her tongue and whispered in his ear, "I hope you enjoy hunting."

When they parted he was smiling but did not reply to her comment and she found herself blushing as she tried not to smile.

With that she turned and left and for the first time she found herself looking back. Legolas stood tall and smiled as he watched her go.

*~*~*~*~*