* 66 * Forgiveness & Dancing

Once to her feet she felt as though a whole new kind of energy came over her and she found herself on the borders of crazed as she smiled at the enemy before her. Was it the spirit of her people possessing her body for this one last battle? Or was it because she knew Legolas had her back?

There was hesitation in the orcs' eyes and a couple even took a step back as she smiled a smile that told them they were about to die.

The clang of steel against steel was musical and her feet felt as though they never touched the ground whilst strength within her grew greater and greater.

The following to happen was magnificent for Kordelia's army arrived. All of the misfits who had been scorned by men, elves, and dwarves came to the fight. It was magnificent to witness the unity and the fierceness as they fought causing Kordelia's heart to swell with hope. This was one of the most honorable days of her life and there could never be a greater death than that on this battlefield however she would make death fight to take her.

Kordelia and Legolas seemed to come closer and closer together until their backs were against each other. "Please forgive me." She yelled as she parried an orc sword.

Legolas smiled and replied, "I have and will forgive you for everything except dying." as he pulled his dagger from the neck of an orc.

She chuckled, "You forget our mission here and that I will surely bleed out within the next hour."

"If you want my forgiveness you will find a way to keep from giving in to death now before you argue with me I must insist you dance with me here and now."

For the first time in decades Kordelia laughed. It wasn't a mocking or demonic laugh but a genuine humored laugh. "You Greenleaf are no doubt unlike any elf I have came across or heard of."

"So is that a yes or a no?" he yelled as his daggers clanged against a sword.

"I am perhaps just as daft at this time and will accept but only if you forgive me if death claims me this day. You don't have to be happy about it, I'd expect you to be ravenous but I need your forgiveness."

"I will forgive if you vow to seek love when this war is over."

She chuckled once again and said, "Fine." And with that she rolled across his back as he ducked down to cut the legs from one of the beasts as she parried a sword from falling onto her partner's back.

This dance was unlike anything the race of men or elf had ever seen or knew of for it was not like any dance. Their dance to the music of the clang, thud, grunts, howls, and screams of those around them dying but their footsteps were all around each other as they protected one another.

She would spin, he would take hold of her wrist and dip her to miss a blow. He would flip her out of reach and she would duck so he could jump over her followed by so many more beautiful feats.

The times she would grab hold of him she would leave a bloody hand mark and soon it came apparent that death was upon her as her sunned skin turned to the color of snow and her sword seemed to appear getting heavier in her grasp until she fell to her knees unable to rise.

"KORDELIA!" Legolas screamed in pain as he saw this but in her eyes she looked at him with what could only be described as wordless joy. She smiled a smile that he knew she had never shared with anyone before. She seemed at peace as she knelt there on her knees.

"Remember me." She pleaded.

*~*~*~*~*