* 79 * Almost Doesn't Count

On and on they all sang and danced through the night while laughing at stories, particularly those Gimili and the hobbits had to tell until the darkest hour just before the dawn.

It was in this time Kordelia disappeared from the crowd and headed to the river to gaze upon the first light of day. Once outside of the palace she could still hear the drums and danced on rocks, gracefully leapt over logs, and twirled around trees until she was along the shore where she found herself even more restless especially as the first light made its way over the mountains.

The view was once again magnificent and the warmth filled her soul and in that first light she danced along the river bank as she smiled and drank in the glorious light.

She got lost in the dance and light and did not notice the eyes upon her until he was only feet away. Her joy was too great for her to stop dancing when she saw him so rather she twirled and skipped around him until he joined her in dancing barefoot.

His silver hair moved like silk and his eyes glowed like sapphires as he danced with her along the riverbank like fairies or fools but they did not care as the sun ascended above the mountains out of hiding.

Once it cleared the mountains they stopped dancing and stared at the beauty of the mountains in awe. The moment was intoxicating and seemed to be perfect. The mountains were covered in morning dew with colorful flowers opening, a spring poured fresh clear water from the mountains, the animals began to stir and a couple stags could be seen drinking from the spring. The trail the spring made was a work of art as it poured into the singing river they stood next to holding each other.

Yes they were wrapped in each other's arms on the bank and it made the moment even more glorious. Kordelia rested her head against his shoulder for it was all the high she could reach on the elf and he pulled her even closer.

He was solid like an oak tree but he was tender with her as he run one hand down her hair in silence, a gesture she found intoxicating and wanted more. Having him hold her and caress her was undeniably the most pleasurable feel she ever had and if she was honest with herself... she wanted more.

The breeze came up once and seemed to electrify the both of them to the point they had to look into each other's eyes. That feel of being in the purest of hot springs spread through her body once again and she knew this was it. She knew she would not be able to resist a second time and she didn't want to resist.

The birds began to sing their songs around them as they felt themselves closing in on one another. Again she could feel his heart pounding in his chest and hear his nervous breathes, or was it her own?

She closed her eyes as she felt the heat from his lips so close as they both held their breath but it was in that moment that Thayonidas's face flickered in front of her and she jerked away and gasped.

Breathing heavily she stared at the bewildered elf who was once again clueless and she knew he deserved an explanation, however instead of using her courage, she fell to fear and turned from him and ran back to the palace.

*~*~*~*~*