* 64 * Final Battle Plans

Sure enough she found Eomer in the company of Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf, Gimli, and the others who were only standing in silence.

For a moment they just stared at her and she stared back with red swollen eyes full of hatred. Aragorn was the first to move toward her and she raised her sword toward him and shook her head with fierce wild eyes. No words needed to be exchanged for he knew she meant she did not want him near her nor did she wish to hear anything he wished to say.

She glared at each of them trying to read them and in a few moments she knew what was going on. They would be meeting soon after they had washed and had some rest and so she was going to the river to wash and prepare for the dreaded meeting. She knew this was a meeting to discuss the ring and news of Frodo.

She knew Sauron did not have the ring however she did find herself wanting to slit her own throat for allowing the hobbit to venture off alone. Damn her! She should be with him keeping him safe. There was no telling where the Halfling was or if he was even alive.

The thoughts haunted her as she paced down the banks of a stream which she had used to bath in and redress in the gown Arwen had placed across Kordelia's saddle. Kordelia despised the sleeves and ended up tearing them off because of how they made her feel constricted. Those of Gondor, Rohan, and even Rivendell did not wear clothes like her people however it was not difficult to wonder why. The Alexzandron was always prepared for battle and their attire was proof of their readiness. It may not display the flowing sleeves and fabric covering a woman from her chin to her ankles, but it did conceal her as any garment should.

When the time had come she managed to sneak into Minas Tirth however she found herself in the shadows of a statue hiding as the group began to convene.

Gandalf was sick with himself as he admitted his loss of sight for the hobbit Frodo however Aragorn assured them that they would know if Sauron had the ring and the talk went on for some time and Kordelia whispered like the wind, "Call out Sauron's army. Keep Sauron blind to all else that moves."

Aragorn looked around but of course could not see Kordelia but he spoke with much faith, strength, and courage. He spoke like a king.

It did not take time to ponder as the men, elf, wizard, and dwarf agreed, they would sacrifice themselves to give Frodo the chance to succeed so good may triumph.

Kordelia nodded and allowed them to discuss it before she finally stepped out however with her silent steps and ability to move like the wind until she stood behind the bunch who were talking until Legolas sounded, "Your presence has been much anticipated milady."

She gave him only a quick glance before looking at Aragorn who seemed changed. The look in his eye was one of admiration, contrite, and longing. Through this time it seemed as though Aragorn had been humbled greatly and had found forgiveness and understanding in his heart for the choices Kordelia had to make in their youth.

He stepped forward and in a sincere voice he said, "We are most grateful and humbled by your choice to fight with us. I know it was a difficult decision after all the wrong doings we have done and I for one vow to do all I can to gain your trust and your forgiveness. Thank you mistress." And with that he bowed down low to her and soon all the other members in the room were bowing to her.

She bowed her head slightly in thanks before gesturing for them to rise so they may continue the meeting, the last meeting it would seem. Plans needed to be made for battle and time was not a necessity they possessed.

*~*~*~*~*