~*~ Book 3 The Last of the Wilds ~*~ * 45 * Death Treaties

Kordelia was escorted to her own chamber where she was treated to a rare luxury. A warm bath but she knew it was a ploy to keep her from knowing of the private meeting in which King Théoden was holding. No doubt to discuss how to proceed with what they had unofficially titled, Last of the Wilds.

While the heavy hearted Alexzandron bathed in rare oils and rid herself of the blood, dust, and grime of her previous days King Théoden spoke sternly to his guests, "Do you honestly think a life full of senseless killing is forgivable? Let alone you bring it to my front door and have me bring it in as my guest?!"

Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Gandalf were getting upset with the manner the King of Rohan spoke of the mistress in which had just slain the wicked white wizard. At the same time both Aragorn and Legolas spoke, "No!" They looked at each other and Aragorn stepped forward and said, "Your majesty, your concern is certainly justified but we have had the opportunity to hear part of her story. Yes she has shed much blood but it has been justified."

"Justified?" Théoden exclaimed, "How can one, a woman for the matter, justify murdering nobles and knights? Who has given her the right to be judge, jury, and executioner? I want this beast to be tried for her wickedness and be properly executed."

"If you or any of your men dare touch that woman I swear on Valar that my arrows will find your heart." Legolas threatened.

Aragorn quickly interjected, "My companion speaks with passion but what he means... is my blade will also take part in killing of whoever tries to harm her. She is the one with the future of middle earth in her hands. There is much mystery of this woman but also much honor. I once had your exact thoughts. I wanted her dead but I have had the honor of riding with her and seeing with my own eyes what an Alexzandron is capable of doing and witnessing the compassion she possesses."

The King of Rohan studied the ranger whom had earned his trust and respect from the battle at Helm's Deep where he proved to be very honorable and courageous. The ranger also proved to be wise. Théoden took all of this into consideration but still Aragorn was not the King of Rohan.

But King Théoden soon felt he had no choice as the wizard spoke next, "We all know we will sleep better knowing she is an ally."

Gimli spoke next, "No sane being would sleep well knowing they had put themselves on the bad side of that girl. Even if you lock her up and chain her to stone, I believe she would find a way to escape and ripe one's heart out of their chest."

Legolas watched the king who was clearly weary and not too happy about the choice it seemed had been made for him. "I wish to hear what she has to say. I want to hear her story from her. Every detail as to what and why she has taken such a bloody road."

Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli, and Gandalf all shook their heads with wide eyes and in unison said, "No!"

This clearly disturbed Théoden and so Aragorn spoke.Théoden took this opportunity to reclaim his dominance. "This is my kingdom! Bring her to me so I may hear it from her lips."

Aragorn looked down and softly said, "As you wish."Aragorn turned to fetch her before anyone else could and once again she surprised him.

She was standing outside on the balcony in the sunlight wearing an odd but beautiful dress that was the color of the sea. She was stunning but also felt as though he should not gaze upon her. He had never seen a dress like this, even on an elf but it suited her and brought out a feminism air. When he had the opportunity he hoped he would have the courage to ask her why she wore such a dress which displayed her skin while other women cover up modestly. She did not turn around but she spoke he was once again left in bewilderment. "Does King Théoden wish for my presence in the throne room or his cabinet?"

Aragorn could only answer, "Cabinet." And with that she turned and left the room taking with her what felt like an ice storm. Aragorn's heart sank for he knew this could not be good.

She walked down the halls standing straight with her head held with pride as the dress wisped around her like smoke. All those in the halls would move against the walls when she passed by them and just stare at her but her eyes never even saw them.

Whispers filled the castle of the Last of the Wilds which soon ignited in an abundance of rumors. "She is here to kill the king!" "She is going to kill all men!""She is going to seduce all the men to their deaths!" On and on the rumors flew in the short time it took for her to escort herself to the cabinet where six guards stood at the door.

Funny how he thought six could contain her if she decided to kill him. They opened the doors for her and she entered and to her astonishment, only Théoden was present. No doubt Gandalf had to convince him to relinquish any sort of man power so he could have hope for her cooperation.