* 6 * Rivendell

The river seemed to rip away her energy until the point came when she found that she had nothing more to give but in that moment an arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her out of the water. Through the haze she saw him for only a moment. In elvish he said, "Rest now, you are safe in the care of Aragorn." And with that her world faded into darkness.

Dreams played out of all the horrors she had committed but after every act she saw once again the boy that had seen her so many years ago. That boy and the man she saw just moments ago but when she finally escaped her dreams just a moment ago had been three weeks.

She was in Rivendell in the house of Elrond who was present at that moment in her room.

"Who are you?" he demanded before she could fully regain her senses.

The only answer she could mutter was, "A ghost rider."

"Do not play games with me."

Her anger inside flickered and the vicious animal wanted to pounce but she knew that this would be a foolish fight at this time but she was not going to hide who she was. She was not a liar.

She sat up straighter in the bed and held her head up with pride and said, "My name was Kordelia, daughter of the late Glendale."

"I have never heard that name. Who are you really?"

"I am the last of my kind. The last to bear the blood of the Alexzandron people. The greatest race of men that has ever walked this earth. A race destroyed by greed and pride."

Elrond was clearly surprised and taken aback by her talk and he stated, "Ryker."

"That is the name I have been labeled with since-"

"Since you took it in your own hands to punish those involved in slaying your race."

"My family."

"Why are you in Rivendell? You and I both know that no one here has been apart of your families' fate."

"I may have become an assassin but I am still loyal to my duties of protecting middle earth."

This obviously surprised Elrond, "How did you know the ring was here?"

"I had a feeling that drew me to a place called the Shire where I discovered a small creature, a hobbit, in possession of the ring and I have fought the ring wraiths to get the hobbits here."

"You were the one to save my daughter?"

"I broke the damn to drive away the wraiths."

"For that I am in debt to you but in doing so I must ask one thing. How man more are on your list to slay?"

"One."

"A wizard?"

"Yes. How did you know?"

"A suspicion. That wizard being the white, the one that has betrayed us."

"I will kill him." She stated.

"Get some rest. I would like you to be present during a gathering to discuss the ring."

"I need no rest to attend." She stated as she drew he blankets away.

"You will get the rest because you will need it. If you wish I will personally see to it that you are awakened and ready."

"I don't trust you."

"You are in my home Miss. Ryker and I have chosen you as an ally. I could have you imprisoned for the blood on your hands but I rather see to it that you continue on your journey and fulfill your duty to both your family and honor.

For the first time in a long time she was unsure as to how to accept his gesture. Of course she accepted it for she also could see all of her weapons within arm's reach and her empathy link with Celegorn and Cadeyrn who she found to be in good hands and treated with great respect and hospitality.

"I know your answer." Elrond said before going to the door where he said, "I will retrieve you in due time. Now rest." And with that he left her alone. Celegorn flew to her window and perched there as his eyes constantly moved watching everything as Kordelia fell back into a merciless slumber. It was one that was healing to the body but brutal to her mind. He violent acts always waited to haunt her in her dreams.

*~*~*~*~*

Sorry about the delay. Will try harder to post more frequently. Big thank you for the votes!