* 62 * Waking the Lady of War

The sight was something out of nightmares as they came to the fields of Pelennor but not for the Last of the Wilds. The sight made men gasp as they saw nothing but dark enemy soldiers for what seemed for miles however Kordelia's heart didn't jump or accelerate in any way. This was the calm before the storm which she was looking forward to dancing in.

She looked to her left and right and looked in the men's eyes which seemed to give them courage and even made a few smirks. It was their sign of being ready for this.

Eomer came next to her and said, "They fear you." And then looked at her but she did not look at him but in a monotone she answered, "They don't know fear until the moment they see my eyes."

Eomer grinned, "Very true. It's an honor to fight alongside you friend."

She finally looked at him and said, "If it's in our stars, it will be an honor to die alongside you."

"If death is to call on us this day, there will be rivers of blood in our wake."

She looked back forward to look upon the still scene in front of her and waited calmly like the ocean before a hurricane.

Theoden rallied his riders in a manner only Thayonidas could exceed but the words for the King of Rohan certainly got his riders riled up and ready to fight and die for the world.

Kordelia enjoyed his words and almost joined in when they began to holler, "DEATH!"

The moment had finally arrived and hooves began to move forward in a fierce manner causing orcs to visibly panic as the Rohirrim gained speed as shouts, screams, and cries of anger and courage raged from the rider's mouths but all seemed silent compared to the bone chilling war cry of the Alexzandron woman just before she was upon the enemy.

Her father's blade proudly danced in her hands as showers of blood began to rain as Epona rampaged through the ranks, trampling all in her path with undeniable and powerful courage. Both rider and mount were fearless as they set to destroy all in their wake.

To her left, Eomer rode with almost a crazed look on his face as he viciously slew orcs while staying near her. He was no doubt a great warrior and it was a pleasure to be in battle alongside him.

It was glorious hearing the clang of swords and flesh, the stench of blood, the feel of adrenaline so intense in the air. This was true joy to an Alexzandron and Kordelia was letting it all sink in which seemed to make her sword that much quicker and true.

Eomer shouted for his ranks to drive the brutes to the river but soon a new unknown and frightening hoard of beasts came into view. Mûmakil or Oliphaunts as some knew them as of the Far Harad. Theoden reformed his ranks with confusion clear in his eyes however Kordelia smirked for this was a task every Alexzandron hoped to come upon. Kordelia looked forward to this challenge and Epona seemed just as anxious.

The devastation of the beasts was so great however Kordelia was able to easily dodge the thunder feet and swaying tusks as she studied her new prey however she did not have to study long for she had decided her plan of attack.

The first one she slashed its hind legs causing the mammoth to scream as it fell back from its disabling wounds and then she just had time to see Eomer throw a spear at the handler which turned to chaos as the Mûmakil was steered by the deadweight of its master right into another Mûmakil causing both beasts to crash to the ground with Epona barely escaping from under the mountainous creatures.

Off in the distance she saw the disguised Eowen do as Kordelia had, taking down another beast and then Kordelia was off to the next Mûmakil looking for yet another kill.

This time she rode under the belly of the monster and slashed the straps holding Haradrim the high on the Mûmakil which sent the evil men falling to the ground leaving only the Mûmakil's master aboard. Kordelia's sword hacked and slashed countless Haradrim before jumping from Epona onto the leg of the Mûmakil leaving Epona to the joy of stomping, kicking, and biting the enemy. Kordlia used the arrows imbedded in the thick wrinkled skin to scale up the creature until she was to the master.

He turned around and looked at her and she smiled a wicked smile as she absorbed his fear before slashing his throat sending him to his death which left her as the last passanger. She would be the last passanger this Mûmakil ever carried.

She nimbly ran to the top of its head where she raised her sword high before slamming it down with her whole body until the blade disappeared leaving onto the hilt in sight. It was certainly fatal as the beast's whole body seized causing it to fall forward. Quickly she retrieved her sword and flipping herself from the carcass before it came to a halt.

She landed on one knee and quickly her blade found a body to sink into before she could stand. Her graceful dance of death was magnificent as she moved forward, taking no mercy, never backing down until she saw the witch-king throw Theoden and his mount, Snowmane.

She looked and saw Eowen staring at her fallen uncle not far from him but too far for Kordelia to throw a blade. Eowen seemed to feel Kordelia's gaze and looked at her from under her helmet and Kordelia screamed, "IT'S NECK!" although she knew Eowen could not hear her but then Kordelia used her freehand to gesture across her neck. Eowen gave a slight nod before jumping in front of the fallen king who lay pinned under his departed steed.

Kordelia took great pride as she witnessed Eowen take courage and chop the head off the Fell Beast but tried to get to her before the Nazgul could take her life. That was where Kordelia made her mistake. She had turned her back and one of the Haradrim shot an arrow at her and it went deep into her side causing her to fall to one knee. For a moment she felt pain but it was quickly replaced with fury as she brutally retaliated against any Haradrim or orc close to her in a manner that could only be described as mad.

When she had calmed enough she saw Eowen being held off the ground by the Nazgul and Kordelia ran as fast as she could to them however Eowen had her own hero. Meridoc the hobbit stabbed the witch-king causing him to drop the girl in which she jumped to her feet and took off her helmet and said something to him before thrusting her sword into his dark helmet.

Kordelia smirked and said, "That a girl." And proceeded to engage and be consumed in the fight until she heard a familiar voice yell, "LEGOLAS!"

She nearly froze mid parry but recalled the arrow in her side and then she became even angrier as she cut the head off the orc and reached one hand over to the arrow and jerked it out and proceeded to fight and try to proceed to another Mûmakil.

*~*~*~*~*