*9* Confessions and Conflict

Ryker took a seat and Samwise handed her a plate with food which she was hesitant to receive but with reassurance from Gandalf she took it without giving him any sort of gesture of thanks.

Gandalf relit a small fire while the rest of the company took a seat and stared at Ryker who did not bother to look up from her plate of food until after Gandalf lit his pipe.

“Now Miss. Ryker, how about I start, know this is not an interrogation rather a get to know you so we all may build trust. Trust is a key to staying alive and being triumphant. Now Miss. Ryker would you be so kind as to tell us your list of, shall we say, fatal encounters.”

She finished chewing and looked up and made eye contact with all of them before stating, “A list? Such as names, dates, and location? Or are you wanting a number?”

“Please share all in which you choose.” Gandalf replied

She then looked at Aragorn and said, “Well one of you has seen the aftermath of my doing. Yes Aragorn I recognize you as the boy that I come across after I killed King Dathan.” Her eyes were hard and she asked, “You have seen what I can do. As leader of this group tell me, do you want everything sat in everyone’s lap?”

Aragorn’s skin crawled at the memory but what he recalled back then as well was much kinder eyes. Eyes that seemed both frightened and proud. He also recalled the gory scene of the king in his own blood, the screams and cries of servants still made his ears hurt with the memory. Did he want such haunting to be placed upon his companions?

“I don’t believe going into detail is necessary Miss. Ryker.”

“I think all of us should hear everything so we may paint a clearer picture of our Mistress.” Stated Boromir.

Ryker looked back at Aragorn who took a deep breath and said in a low voice, “Continue.”

Frodo was the first to walk away from the conversation which was soon followed by Samwise and Pippin. The talk was much too gruesome, heartless, and disturbing for the meek hearted Halflings. The things she did with her sword would surely give them nightmares and the knowing as to what she could do with her daggers was enough to make your blood run cold as ice. This was no woman. This was a demon worse that orcs that had spilled so much blood in so little time. Too much blood for that matter but Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir, Gimli, and Gandalf stayed up and listened to her horrific tales of blood and slaughter.