* 77 part 2 * Dancing in His Arms

In the shadows she watched for some time as the party gained momentum as everyone danced while the band grew louder which only lead to the crowd becoming even louder and electric.

At one point she glanced to a window and smiled as she saw a bright star twinkling. It appeared to be a good night to gaze at them so she began to leave until a hand reached out and took hers.

She jerked around only to lock eyes with a smiling elf. For an instant she just stared at him and allowed herself to truly look at him but she did not allow herself to dwell. In his eyes she knew what he wished and that was for a dance. At first she wanted to decline but something in his silver eyes told her he was not about to take no for an answer and so she allowed him to lead her to the middle of the floor where he said over the music, I hope you are prepared for this dance."

She smirked for he had said it as a challenge. He was getting to know her well for he knew she would not back away from a challenge.

The music began to play a rather brisk pace and as it began to accelerate Legolas quickly pulled her closer with a smile before their feet took off together.

She had not realized before what a spectacular dancer he was for his lead was impeccable with perfect timing as he twirled her. She was mighty happy she had not drank more than a goblet of wine for this was too great to miss.

Their feet moved as if they were one and as they danced on it became clear that they knew what the other was thinking before they acted.

When a pause came Legolas took a step back to see the radiance and joyful glow that came from the woman before him. She was glorious. The pause did not last long before the band started up again at an even faster pace.

He gave her a wink before he swept her off her feet and swung her around his back before taking her back into his arms their knees rose high and he would dip her low before spinning her like a whirlwind until a certain moment in the music when they parted and challenged each other to difficult dance steps. First Legolas would go first and Kordelia would imitate his steps and then it was her turn and there was no denying the competition as they danced but shockingly their smiles only became brighter. At one point Legolas even flipped her in the air and caught her.

When the dance finally came to an end they both were laughing and holding each other close until their eyes met. Everything around them disappeared, the noise was gone and it even seemed as though the palace had disappeared leaving them under the stars. Body bodies quivered as the other still held on. Kordelia found herself falling into his eyes and being consumed by warmth like that of the hot springs as he felt his insides become engulfed in hot liguid gold that brought his weary spirit to life as it never had before. For an instant they stopped breathing and were drawn closer and closer finding it almost painful trying to resist. She could feel him reading her soul through her eyes and she could feel his thoughts as she looked into his.

This was it. A moment Kordelia was a complete stranger to and she was actually frightened. He moved in closer and she found herself moving closer as well. Her heart was racing in anticipation as she felt the heat of his body and could feel his heart rampaging. At the exact moment they closed their eyes before their lips were to touch but at the last moment, fear took over and before she could experience her first kiss, her first taste of love, she pulled away and disappeared into the crowd leaving a confused and hurt Legolas.

*~*~*~*~*