* 3 * Aragorn

Day after day she walked a line of good and evil with her hands stained with the blood of corrupt elves, men, and dwarves as she taught them their last lesson very clearly. They should have never killed the Alexandron people and let one escape!

Live and die by the sword she went each day as she stalked her prey in the cities with a heavy and fearless heart until one day she had the perfect opportunity to kill one of the kings that had voted against her people. The now fifteen year old girl waited in the King’s throne room sitting on his throne. The king entered the room and saw the young girl and demanded to know what it was she was doing and that she could be sentence to death for her disobedience.

Kordelia laughed as she stood up. “Well your majesty that is a problem, you see I am all ready sentenced to death! In all actuality I am supposed to be dead! You sentenced me to death years ago. You also sentenced all of my people to death in which you succeeded. But you made one fatal mistake. You didn’t kill one Alexandron!”

The king was shocked by this until Kordelia took a step closer and could feel in the air the king shuddering from fear. The child smiled more as she wondered what she enjoyed more. Blood shed or the surge of fear that filled them as they anticipated the pain about to come. His death was long and agonizing as the girl showed no mercy or remorse for he showed none to her family.

The sense of relief filled the young girl and she did the one thing she was trained never to do. As she was leaving she let her guard down for an instance to look back and smell his blood one last time.

Cadeyrn and Celegorn waited outside but on her way out she ran into a boy a bit older than herself. She stopped dead in her tracks as she stood face to face with this boy with one hand under her cape ready to draw her sword.

“Hello there, don’t recall ever seeing you around here before. What is your business here?” the boy asked kindly.

Kordelia got a smirk on her face and replied, “Settling a debt with the king. My family shall sleep well tonight because of the King’s sacrifice.”

“You must have really charmed him because he usually does not forgive debts or give out loans. You must be a special girl to have melted his heart.”

“You could say I’m the last of my kind.” replied Kordelia. “Please excuse me I must leave.”

“Before you leave milady might I ask for the privilege of knowing your name. I may like to come and see if there is perhaps something I could do for your family to help in any way.”

Kordelia knew she had to leave this boy right now because at any moment someone will find the king dead.

Rudely Kordelia tried to walk past but the boy took a step with her blocking her path. “So you don’t think of me as a stranger, my name is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. Now what is your name?”

Before Kordelia could open her mouth to speak someone came running out of the throne room yelling, “THE KING HAS BEEN MURDERED! THE KING HAS BEEN MURDERED!”

Aragorn looked at the man shocked by his words and then quickly looked at the girl. Not a stitch of emotion was held in her face as she stood there listening to the yells.

“You killed him didn’t you?” Aragorn stated.

Kordelia took a deep breath and quickly drew her sword to the boy’s throat. “Out of my way! I do not wish to fight you for you have done nothing and you have a true heart.”

Aragorn was confused, “Why did you slay the king? Answer this and I will let you pass!”

Kordelia bit her lip for a moment and before Aragorn knew it he was struck upside the head with the butt of her sword and she took off running.

This was Kordelia’s closest call and from now on she would have to become much more cautious and live within the woods where no one would find her. It would not be long when soldiers and Celegorns were looking for her and she wasn’t going to let them catch her.

Off she went with Cadeyrn and Celegorn far away