* 33 * Wanderer

Rather than dwelling in camp Kordelia went ahead and scouted ahead only to find everything still and silent. The forest knew of the pending war and this was the calm before the storm making the Alexzandron girl's skin feel electric with anticipation what was to lie ahead at Helm's Deep.

In the stillness it made it easy to feel the familiar vibrations in the ground. Mounted horses were on the move and in a few hours they would see the fire of their camps and judging by the numerous hooves there were many few riders but not quite as many as one would anticipate for the Riders of the Mark.  

Footsteps sounded behind her but she did not have to turn and look to know who was there rather she allowed him to approach cautiously. They may have been building a friendship but still it was wise for him to never come upon her from behind.

When he was next to her he studied her face before asking, "What is it?"

"Riders of Rohan approach. Their numbers are 87 but there are countless others further to the east."

"What are you planning?" he asked.

She stared to the distance and with disgust she replied, "Something I hoped I would never have to do and for the first time I will have to burry my pride and willingness for a fight."

"You know we could easily kill this group and go around the rest of the army. It is a perfect opportunity to allow your soldiers experience."

"Our fight is not against the horse lords and you know this. We will not engage in any combat until we reach Helm's Deep and there our a choice will be made but not here. I will not massacre these riders that have strayed so far from home. Besides I wish to infiltrate their command and find out as much as I can about what they plan. They are ten miles away and so we will return to camp. There you will find a worn travel bag and supply it with a few things a wanderer might carry along with rugged travel clothing with a hooded cloak and a dagger while I give orders to the troops."

"As you wish milady." He answered with a subtle bow before turning to fulfill his duty.

Why did he have to always call her milady or my lady? Damn the fool!

In no time the troops were shuffling around doing as their commander had commanded and the Alexzandron woman emerged from her tent looking almost passable as a wanderer but there was one great detail that was sure to make her recognizable. Her golden eyes that seemed to scream warrior were sure to make the horse lords believe the legend of the Alexzandron people and it seemed there was only one choice, Magic and those is possession of the magic she was in need of was nothing less that a witch... Sonora.

It seemed a new plan needed to come to order but Thayonidas was on top of things and brought forward a rather young looking girl with frizzy red hair and rosy cheeks. "Sonora was busy and so I grabbed Veeda to help with your problem.

Veeda blushed and curtsied to Kordelia who in return bowed her head and Veeda began, "It is an ancient spell that will last only a day. It should not affect your vision and so with your permission I will begin.

Kordelia nodded sternly and held her head up as the girl spoke, "Afidigas Legolas flaws, occulus hue abeo."

There was a sparkling flash in front of her making them all jump but when the smoke cleared Thayonidas was in front of her staring at her with concern which changed to surprise.

He looked at her closer and said, "It worked for the most part."

"Explain." She simply said.

"Your eyes are in fact green except for one spot. It looks like a star of gold. Strange but will not draw suspicion just fascination."