125: Why are you waiting.

2 a.m Desmond still hasn't returned, Felix is still around and in one of the spare rooms.

Rose had gone to sleep after spying on Lavender for two hours after nine, making sure she's really asleep, while Heather is in her room, though it's not clear if she's sleeping or is still awake.

Domen, on the other hand is past his limit and is drowning in sleep as Lavender remains on the bed, staring at his sleeping face when she can't find it in her to fall asleep.

She pretended to, just to get Rose from breathing down her neck.

Slowly sitting up, Lavender scopes the dark room, knowing her heart isn't in the right place to sleep when she's still constantly blaming herself for all of this.

Getting up from the bed, she carefully tries not to wake Domen up as she slips her feet into the slippers they gave her.

She quietly makes her way towards the door and glances back over her shoulder, checking to see if Domen isn't awake.

Seeing he's too tired to get up, she steps out and carefully closes the door behind her before walking towards the flight of stairs, heading for the kitchen.

The corridor remains silent and empty with only the light from the moon pouring into the corridor from the large windows.

Having the floors covered entirely with white tiles, it would be difficult for anyone to hear her footsteps since there isn't any creaking sounds with each step down the stairs.

Her lack of sleep begs her to grab a warm glass of tea or milk or just anything to get her ready to close her eyes.

Surprisingly, the Kitchen light is still on and the sound of glass tapping against each other is a clear sign someone is still up.

Either the chef or Desmond could be here.

Desmond... It would be great to know just exactly what he's going to do.

She presses her lips and slowly approaches the kitchen, trying to think of the words to ask him since they've barely spoken to each other since they've met.

He only insulted her at their first meeting.

There would be nothing to talk about.

Should I just come back another time?

Though... Rose won't allow me to eat any icecream....

Giving herself the motivation, she walks into the kitchen and scans the room, only to widen her eyes in terror when the figure in the kitchen leans from inside the fridge and closes it.

"Oh, it's you." Penelope sighs as she rolls her eyes and looks away. "Why aren't you asleep? Still wishing to bring more headaches to me?"

Lavender frowns and turns to leave, only to stop herself as she knows too well she'll not have the chance to apologize if she leaves.

Rose won't let them talk again.

She turns back to Penelope who sits on the counter and opens the large bottle of wine and pours it into a wineglass.

"Why aren't you gone?" Penelope asks as she glares at Lavender who approaches the island counter, standing right across from Penelope who chugs the entire glass before pouring more into it. "You really are a leech."

"I'm sorry." Lavender frowns as she watches Penelope clearly drowning herself in wine, with the evident eyebags hanging from her eyes.

Her hair isn't as it was earlier. It's now untamed and barely held back by the ribbon she tied it with along with her eyes that seem to have some sort of eyeliner when in reality, it's her mascara with she poorly got rid of and now stains her eyelids.