64: It's Serious

She didn't listen.

Instead of being home and waiting for Mrs Southren to pick her up as she suggested, Lavender decided to head to work instead.

A place she can't force herself into and cause a scene.

As long as she can stay there for much longer....

Even if it meant meeting Domen a couple of times... Countless of times, she finds it better than being somewhere they could easily force her into the car and take her to the hospital.

But being at work isn't helping either since she's barely thinking about the tasks she's supposed to be doing.

She simply stares at the screen as she contemplates how she'll avoid Heather after working hours.

If only the office could be open 24/7....

"Knock knock." The angelic and familiar voice slips into her ears, getting her to look up from her monitor, only to see Cameron who is smiling and walking in with a bag in his hand. "We promised to see each other in the morning but you came here rather earlier."

"I know... I left things to do yesterday." She smiles as Cameron places the bag on her desk that instantly fills her nostrils with the scent of hot chocolate and fresh donuts.

"Mmmh, smells so good." Lavender grins out as she quickly opens the bag and fishes out a donut, sinking her teeth into it. "Tastes amazing."

Cameron smiles slightly and clears her throat as he glances down to the table.

"I was told not to spend too much time here. But I'm worried. You never just do things like this without telling me in advance... What happened yesterday?" He raises a brow and Lavender frowns slightly as she glances down at her donut.

I can't say anything about Heather.... Not at all.

Find something else.

"Domen said some things that hurt me so I got pretty upset and didn't want to bump into him this morning." She says as she glances back up at him. "He said I was easy to manipulate when I told him I'm carrying your baby. It ticked me off because he said it twice already."

Cameron sighs out as he clicks his tongue while leaning from the desk.

"He's an idiot." Cameron says as he shifts his gaze back down on her. "You're not easy to manipulate. Don't let him get to you. Stress isn't good for the baby."

Lavender nods her head as she forces a smile to which he returns before leaning down and planting a warm kiss against her forehead.

Clenching her jaw tightly, she tries not to let the tears flow as her heart tightens inside her chest at how much she's going through with only Cameron to ease the pressure.

"I have to go." He says as he leans back and tilts his head to the side. "Mind escorting me to the elevator?"

"Sure." She nods her head with a smile and gets up from her desk.

He reaches out and takes her hand in his, lacing his fingers with hers as they make it to the door.

Domen, who is in the elevator, just arriving, signs out as he glances down at his shoes instead.

The words still haunting his thoughts as his shoulders feel weighed down, as though a child is holding him down and hanging from both shoulders.

The 'ding' sound of the elevator gets him to blink and stand straight, taking him out of his thoughts for a mere moment only to have his eyelids open wider at the sight of both Cameron and Lavender.

Standing in front of the elevator.

Sharing.... A kiss.

Clenching his jaw tightly, Domen casts his gaze to the floor as he steps out and clears his throat, getting Cameron to lean from the kiss first before Lavender leans back as well, both turning their gaze to Domen who raises his eyes and glances up to Cameron.

Though not taller than him, Domen still can't get past the fact that Cameron has better genes than he does.

Skin that barely has any care put on it from his busy schedule and yet he looks like he spends the day in a jar of skincare cream.

His eyes lighter than most with his iris standing out and sending a piercing gaze into anything his eyes land on.

The damn bastard is lucky he's handsome.

Cameron steps aside and lets Domen pass who only feels the muscles around his legs clench tighter along with his neck.

Almost letting the smirk hiding within him out, Cameron clears his throat and glances down at Lavender who shifts her gaze from the floor and up to him.

"See you later." He smiles before stepping into the elevator. "I'll buy more groceries on my way to see you if I get the chance. Things to help during the pregnancy."

Lavender smiles and nods her head in agreement before the doors close shut in front of her.

She stands there for a moment as her thoughts come crawling back into the back of her head.

The countless voices whispering into her ear that she's not going to run away from the inevitable.

There is no escape.

She clenches her fists as tears begin to resurface once more, making her entire body ache and shake slightly.

What should I do...?

"So it's serious like that." Domen's voice shoves her out of her thoughts once more and she turns almost instantly, glancing towards him as he leans on her office door. "You really are carrying his child."

"Like I said before." Lavender eases her shoulders and glances down to the floor as she fails to hold back her tears.

Not because of him... But the fear of being forced into something she doesn't want....

She's already grown attached...

"Do you really hate me though?" Domen asks as he leans from the door as she gets closer, heading into her office. "I didn't even do anything to deserve that-."

"- That's your problem, Domen." Lavender sighs as she stops at her door and glances up into his eyes. "I'm just tired of you and I mean nothing to you, so don't let that bother you so much."

Domen clenches his jaw as he watches Lavender walk into her office and hold her hand up to her head as a nasty headache throbs within her skull.

Crying. Endlessly.

She can't keep doing it.

It only hurts her.

Domen clicks his tongue as he turns to leave but finds his feet reluctant to leave.

What more does he have to say anyway?

"Don't hate me, at least." Domen says as he turns to gaze back at her. Getting her to lazily raise her eyes back up to him, still feeling the stinging headache. "That's a bit too harsh."

"Why should that bother you?" Lavender raises a brow and groans slightly as she leans back onto her chair, leaning her head back and facing the ceiling. "Anyway, my head is burning right now, if you want, I'll talk to you about this later. Now is not the time."

Domen nods his head slightly and grabs the door handle, about to close it when he stops.

"I'll grab you some painkillers in the office. I'll be back." He says before he leaves the room, getting Lavender to close her eyes, holding the shut as tightly as she can.