124: Am I Selfish?

"Not too much, that's over doing it. We want the madam to eat healthy, too much salt is bad." The nurse instructs as the house chef stares at her in annoyance, knowing too well he's been cooking for many years and knows just how much salt is considered enough.

Yet he's being interrogated by a woman who's just walked into the house this evening and doesn't know a thing or two.

He doesn't try to argue with her simply because he knows it's for the young master's girlfriend.

But it still ticks him off.

Lavender sighs from the kitchen when she knows too well she's not supposed to leave her sight at all times.

Even though it puts her in a pace the grandmother could spot her at any mo-

"You must be the famous Lavender."

Speak of the devil.

Lavender sighs as she lazily glances over her shoulder, only to pale the instant her eyes lock with those eyes so similar to Domen and Felix.

Eyes cold and unforgiving that sends even the soul cowering in the darkest depths of the body.

She's as tall as Domen, nearly as tall as Felix as she towers over Lavender like a skyscraper gazing down at the people beneath her.

Lavender moves uncomfortably as she's not sure if she should even be talking to the grandmother.

Domen and Heather are no where in sight, talking to each other in Heather's room, since they didn't want Lavender listening in.

Felix is somewhere in the house, possibly still in the study.

Desmond...

He's been gone for two hours now.

She's all alone and since everyone must have forgotten about her because of the whole water breaking, they'd probably assume she went chasing her son.

So why is she here?

"I...." Lavender trails off as she gets up from the stool and moves from her, a bit further as the grandmother's gaze drops down to her stomach.

Lavender notices her eyes staring not at her, but her pregnancy, making her feel even more uncomfortable as she places her hand on her stomach and clenches her jaw.

"You don't need to be afraid of me. It's not like I'm planning to do anything to you." She says as she redirects her gaze to the caretaker who looks away the instant she looks at her.

"You do." Lavender bluntly says as she clenched her fists. "You want to hurt the baby."

Penelope sighs as she sits down on the counter and crosses her arms to her chest, staring down at a spot on the counter as she presses her lips together.

"Wouldn't you do the same to protect your children?" Penelope asks as she glances up at Lavender. "You should know, you're going to be a mother soon."

"You're not a mother, you're pretending to be one." Lavender says with a deep frown, staring at Penelope who frowns back at her.

Before Penelope could say anything, the caretaker walks up to Lavender and stands between her and the grandmother, earning an irritated look from the old woman.

"Please refrain from speaking negatives to the patient." Rose says as she stares down at Penelope who almost rolls her eyes. "Your presence is stressing her out. I would humbly ask that, for her health, leave the room so she could reduce her stress."

Penelope chuckles as she stands up and sighs heavily, getting Lavender to clench her jaw tighter in panic, knowing too well that Rose is only digging her own grave.