122: It was Unavoidable.

Lavender stares up at the ceiling as the buzzing sound of the electrical equipment around her fills her ears, creating a soft ambience around her despite what's going on in the room.

The doctor had left a moment after the small check up, going about to collect the results before saying anything to the waiting trio.

Domen stands restless at the window, staring out as his mother instructed him since he couldn't keep himself calm and was starting to develop a restless leg syndrome.

Heather on the other hand is staring at some files on the doctor's desk, knowing too well he scribbled something on there but didn't say anything to them.

It's impossible to read the notes he took.

Nearly impossible.

"What's taking him so long?" Domen sighs as he turns from the window and glances towards Heather who redirects her attention to him. "I'm being patient but not for long."

"He'll be here." She says as she moves from the desk and walks over to Lavender who has been unusually quiet since they got here. "How are you holding up, Dear? Any pain?"

Heather caresses Lavender's head, getting Lavender to shift her eyes from the empty spot on the ceiling and down to her, feeling unusual that Heather has suddenly been treating her very well.

It feels odd, yet it feels nice.

"No." Lavender shrugs her shoulders and sits up, bringing her knees to together. "It's a bad thing, right? What else is it?"

"Could be." Heather shrugs her shoulders when she knows Lavender isn't a child. It is pointless to try to convince her that her water breaking isn't alarming. "But the doctor seems calm. Could be a good sign-."

Before she could finish, the doctor walks in with a nurse who greets them with a warm smile but doesn't say anything as she stands beside the doctor.

He stops in front of the family as he checks a few things on his notepad, mumbling to himself for a moment as all restless eyes stare at him in anticipation.

"So," The doctor sighs as he lifts his head up from the notepad and lowers his hand down to his sides. "I have good news and bad news. The bad news is it's a concerning matter that she's six months pregnant and her water broke too early, which means she's more prone to infection and illnesses, along with the baby."

"Damn... So how is there good news?" Domen furrows his brows as his nails dig into his skin as his arms remain folded to his chest.

"The good news is that since baby's often rely on the fluid for nutrients in early stages, she's past that stage and the baby won't really be affected with its absence, aside from the problems I've mentioned." He says as he fixes his glasses on his nose, feeling the heavy sleep depravation kicking in. "The baby will continue to grow, as long as signs of labour do not kick in. However, due to the risk of illness, along with the possibility that she'd go into labor at any given moment, she'll be under close monitoring with a certified delivery nurse ready at your disposal. She'll be with her at all times, everywhere and anywhere. So even bathroom breaks will require her presence. We'd have to put aside your privacy for a while."

Lavender presses her lips together at the sound of that, feeling uncomfortable as she redirects her gaze towards Domen who sighs in relief at the news he's hearing.

None of them are in danger.

That's a good thing.

"I would also warn against any intercourse, as that's a sure way to only worsen the matter if it's insanitary. It's best to simply avoid it all." The doctor explains as he walks over to Lavender and simply stands there. "Keep her away from any stressing matters. I know things within the house are unstable at the moment. But it would be best to keep her in the dark about the things happening around her. We are in a critical time, she's just on the neck of things getting worse if not handled properly."

"We'll do our best. I'll make sure of it." Heather says as she walks over to Lavender and gently pats her hair. "Its really a good thing she's not in harm's way."

"She still is. However, with aid, she'll be just fine." The doctor says as he moves from them and walks back to the nurse's side, standing beside her as he turns back to face the family. "This is Rose London. She's the best at what she does and highly skilled, she'd ensure a safe delivery if it is sudden and is knowledgeable in how to handle any situation. Be sure not to stop her and let her do her job even if it may come off as a hindrance. Safety for both the mother and child should be your priority."

"Okay..." Heather nods slowly before smiling towards Rose who hasn't stopped smiling since she walked in.

She's not as young as either Lavender nor Domen, which is a clear sign she's worked her years up the ladder to reach this far and be considered highly knowledgeable.

She could be around Heather's age, but possibly younger seeing how the wrinkles on her face are barely even noticeable.

Around the mid thirties maybe towards the end thirties.

She's a lovely looking lady, slightly plump with a round face that gives her an approachable friendly face.

Her arms, unlike the rest of her body are slimmer which makes her body almost pear-shaped.

Either way, she looks like a friendly mother who loves her children and might as well spoil them rotten with her kindness.

Though the slight bags under her eyes are a clear sign she's been dragging her feet at work all day and if she had any children, the barely see her.

"So, I'll discharge you for today and she'll go with you immediately." The doctor says and gives a slight now in respect to the famous name, since they've always assigned him as their personal doctor, giving him the live he'd always want. "I hope you all remain in good health."

"Thank you." Heather smiles and reaches to help Lavender, only to have the nurse instantly rush in and help Lavender as well, nearly carrying her off the bed. "Wait... If she's in labor, we should rush back here, correct?"

"Yes." The doctor nods his head as he glances down at Lavender. "However, if she's ready to give birth right that instant, it would be best to have the baby delivered and then rushed to the hospital. If she's on the road, stopping the car and delivering the child is safer. Don't worry, Ms London will know what to do."

Heather slowly nods though unsure if delivering a preterm baby anywhere else would be safe.

But she needs to trust Rose.

That's the best she can get from this outcome.

Domen walks over to Lavender and reaches down to lace his hand with hers, getting her to smile up at him as he gives back a weak smile, still worried he could be the reason she's stressed.

He didn't for once consider how dangerous it is for his pregnant girlfriend to be exposed to all this drama.

He should have left her with Autumn.

What are the chances that his grandmother wouldn't try anything funny.

Maybe all this was unavoidable.