7: active criticism from a hot jerk

Domen clenches his jaw as he fills the glass tumbler to the brim, the veins pressing against his forehead is evident that he clearly doesn't like what he is seeing. He slowly tips the water jug away from the tumbler just as it is about to spill before lifting the glass to his lips and taking in the entire drink in a few seconds.

He slowly lowers the tumbler to the counter as he clenches his jaw and runs his tongue against his teeth before sending a glare towards the two sitting right across the counter from him, talking animatedly as they exchange grins and giggles.

His gaze shifts to the clock right above the arch and sighs as he notices the time is well after eleven and yet, for an unknown reason, the one person he really doesn't want to see at such an odd time is still in the kitchen with him.

"Wow, that's going up so fast!" The loud but rusty voice, hypnotizing as always, finally fills the silent kitchen, taking him out of his cloud of irritation as he drops his eyes on her. "You're this smart!?"

"Well, I'm not working at that place for no reason now am I?" His irritation answers, getting him to sigh out so loudly he catches the attention of the two. "You have a problem?"

"When are you leaving? It's almost midnight." Domen asks with furrowing brows as he lifts his glass of water up to his lips once more.

"She can stay as long as she wants, Domen, don't treat her like she's trouble." Evette hisses at him as she waves him off while throwing a hand over Lavender's shoulder. "She can stay as long as she wants. You're the reason she's here."

"There's no reason for her to be here. She can literally do the assignment at her place." He says as he walks to the sink and places the tumbler in it before reaching for the hand towel. "It's very late we need to get to bed."

"You always sleep after three, while I really need to take a shut eye." Evette yawns as she stands up from the barstool and stretches her arms over her head, exposing now slim and slender her back and waist are.

The way her back curves back slightly as she stretches her hands backwards, exposing smooth, though small, backside hiding underneath the stretchy fabric of the short dress, he tilts is head slightly as he takes in her frame when she turns away from them and walks out of the room.

"I have a photo-shoot tomorrow, I need the beauty sleep or else my manager will get in trouble for baggy eyes. Goodnight Lavender, goodnight Domen." She yawns once more before disappearing off to the stairs.

"Wow, your eyes will leave the room with her if you don't blink." Lavender chuckles as she finally draws his attention, getting him to roll his eyes as he crosses his arms to his chest. "First time seeing you actually look at a woman with complementing eyes. You almost seemed stiff to me."

"Well, it's not my fault if I'm surrounded by women like you." He sighs as he takes a sit on the barstool and glances down at her laptop's monitor, only to have Lavender turn the screen away from him and stares at him, speechless.

"Where is the attractiveness?" He asks as he pulls out some left overs and places them into the microwave before turning to face her as it heats up, only to notice her looking at him with a slightly opened mouth.

"What!?" She chuckles out in disbelief and crosses her arms. "I'm attractive."

"Hm. Well, if you think so, you'll get there." He shrugs his shoulders as he turns back to the microwave and takes out his small meal.

"What's not attractive about me?" She asks as he places the plate on the counter and takes in a fork full of the spicy curry rice into his mouth, sighing out at the deep flavor. He reaches down for one of the small meaty pieces only to freeze when another fork took the piece away. He trails the hand up only to frown when it's Lavender who is reaching her fork down for the curry rice.