121: is it an Emergency?

"Your what?" Heather asks as she furrows her brows while Lavender gets up from the bed, clenching her jaw as the evidence is clear that she is telling the truth.

Heather widens her eyes in shock and quickly gets up from the bed, knowing too well she's telling the truth.

She glances up at Lavender who seems terrified and pale as she gazes down at her feet, noticing the small puddle beneath her.

"A-Are you okay?" Heather asks as she grabs onto Lavender's shoulders getting her to press her lips together as tears fill her eyes.

"I-I don't... Know." She shakes her head and Heather instantly grabs her phone and gestures her to sit back down as she frantically scrolls to her doctor's number.

"How many months are you? I know it's not nine but... How far?" She asks as she watches the phone ring while Lavender sighs shakily.

"Six... I'm six months pregnant." She says in a panic as she glances up at Heather. "A-Am I about to miscarry?"

"Don't think like that. Wait for a bit, the doctor-- oh yes! Thank God... Yes, it's Mrs Southren-." Heather steps out just as the doctor picks up the call and leaves Lavender in the room.

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news while looking at her.

Lavender runs her hand against her thighs as she stared at the ground, unsure of what to do, knowing too well it's just too early to be having the baby.

There is still two more months and some weeks to go.

It can't be too soon.

She gets up from the bed and grabs her phone, sending Domen a quick text about the situation with a shaky hand.

She can't feel anything, no pressure of labor and no painful cramps.

There's nothing going on expect her water breaking.

It's not supposed to happen so early.

Sooner or later... She'll go into labor...

Not yet... You're not big enough. Lavender thinks to herself as she reaches her hand down to her stomach. Don't leave me now... We've come too far.

"Domen wai-" Heather's voice is cut off the instant the bedroom doors swing open, revealing a horrified Domen who glances around the room and spots Lavender staring back at him with the same worry.

"What happened?!" Domen asks as he makes a beeline to her and holds onto her shoulders, hugging her to him. "Are you okay? What happened? Isn't it too early?"

"I know... But I don't know why..." Lavender says as she squeezes her hug around him, feeling panic erupt in her while trying to keep herself calm and collected.

Knowing too well it's the stress getting to her.

Disturbing the cycle.

"The doctor says we should meet him at the hospital, right now." Heather says as she appears behind Domen and grabs her hand pulling her from the hug and towards the door as her heart starts to panic from the mere thought of witnessing Lavender and Domen suffer the fate of a premature baby's death.

Not now... Not when they are so young. A lot is going on right now.

"Mum... What's going on? Is everything going to be okay? What about the baby? What about Lavender? Why and how did this happen?" Domen asks as he rushes up to his mother who clenched her jaw while still pulling Lavender towards the front door.

She signals to the maid to get a car ready and she runs ahead of them, going to get it ready.

"Domen... The last thing you want is to worry Lavender. So let's not say anything until we get there, alright?" Heather gives her son an assuring smile as she gets Lavender out of the mansion just as the car pulls up in front of them. "I know you're worried, but the stress is getting to her."

"Okay." Domen sighs as he glances down at Lavender with furrowing brows then down to her stomach, worried that his child is in danger.

The maid opens the door as she driver waits patiently inside, unsure of why the madam wants the car so urgently.

Heather gets into the back with Lavender as Domen hops into the front, knowing too well he can't cramp the space in the back considering what's going on.

He knows for sure Lavender is in good hands. His mother seems just as concerned as he is.

Domen glances into the rearview mirror as he hears his mother mumbles some words to Lavender whose tears keep coming out, worried for the baby.

Domen turns back to his phone and starts looking up cases of preterm births as his hearts thuds against his chest. Worried about the fact that his grandmother will get what she wanted after all.

It's not a hundred... Percent chance...

It's high but not convincingly high.

Domen bites his lower lip as he glances out of the car, knowing he shouldn't worry her as his mother asked him not to.

But he wants to know what's going on with her.

If she's in pain or not.

He runs a nervous hand through his hair as the hospital finally comes into view while feeling his heart beat in his finger tips.

Heather struggles holding back her worry, even though Lavender isn't feeling any sort of cramps, she's still worried something is terribly wrong.

So once the car stops, she gets out first and grabs Lavender's hand, carefully taking her out as Domen jumps out and circles the car to her.

"Will you walk? Should I carry you?" Domen asks as he holds onto Lavender's head and gently pats it as she stares up at him, eyes long dried but still filled with worry. 

"No, I think I'm fine to walk." Lavender says as she notices a man fast approaching her, dressed in the medical robe.

He gets to them and Heather eases her shoulders, grabbing Lavender's shoulders and gently pushing her forward to the doctor.

"She's six months pregnant as I told you, her water broke but she's not cramping." She says as the doctor nods slightly and steps away to signal them to go forward.

Domen grabs Lavender's hand as Heather also grabs her other hand, getting her to raise her brows as they both pull her forward, walking her towards the building.

She drops her gaze on Heather's hand, feeling the gentle touch as she pulls her while Domen's grip is a bit tight.

A clear sign he's worried and only seeming composed on the outside for her sake.

The doctor walks quietly behind them while softly talking into his phone, possibly calling someone from the inside.