84: Not happy

"-So a toast to our future Mr and Mrs Southren, the next generation's couple made to perfection." His grandmother chimes as she holds up a wine glass, getting Domen to force a smile as his eyes slowly look around the crowd, only to have his eyes fall on Lavender who is also staring at him with a smile on her face.

A smile he knows isn't real as her eyes almost seem to be telling him she's happy they will not go through the torture.... Yet telling him something else.

His smile almost drops but Evette nags him to stop staring at Lavender as the grandmother turns to gaze at them both.

"Domen has always been a perfection from the perfect son I had raised. He is the embodiment of what a golden child truly is. No flaws and no embarrassment has come from my grandson." She announces as she turns back to face the crowd. "He is perfect beyond measure. His love dedicated to only one woman since his birth and he loves her endlessly. He knew he was born with a purpose, and knew who he would spend the rest of his successful life with. Not at any point has he spent the night with another woman. Even if he did, she would not be as precious as his beloved Evette. She's been the only woman he's sworn his life to. And I'm proud to introduce my Daughter-in-law to everyone. As the perfection she is."

Domen frowns as this and slowly drop his gaze back down to Lavender who is staring up at Cameron as he's whispering in her ear.

She isn't smiling anymore, not even the forced smile since the speech only reminds her of the harsh things Domen has said to her about what was going on between them.

She knew she'd never fit in the Southren life.

But she wanted to be with him. Which only pained her even worse.

"So as next week is their wedding, let's enjoy this moment with them, as our new married couple." The grandmother chimes and walks away, getting the crowd to clasp their hands in delight as she walks over to the side. "let's dance and get to know each other, the night is still young but I am not, so I won't be joining you."

"Yes! Finally my turn to get close enough to the handsome grandson!" The same woman from before, at the door grins out and snatches Domen from Evette, taking his hand and smiling up at him. "Let's dance, and I'll be sure to save the next dance for your son."

She chuckles and Domen only forces a smile as they dance elegantly on the dance floor with several others grabbing anyone close by and dancing.

It's not a way to get to know each other, his grandmother only wants to show him off.

The dance lessons he's had been practice on end as a child are what she's after when she wants to show off.

And it does infact surprise the woman he's dancing with.

"My, my, you are such the dancer Domen." She giggles as he spins her and let's her get taken away by someone else.

Sighing in relief he's been left alone, his relief is short lives when he's snatches again by another woman, younger this time.

He's never really met this one but knows she runs a beauty store somewhere, Evette's favorite company in fact.

Just like Evette her figure is petite and barely noticeable in the short midnight dress she is wearing with hair ties back into a low bun.

"I find it hard to believe you didn't mess with a woman once." She whispers as she smirks at him while raises his brow. "I highly doubt it."

"What makes you say?" He asks as he forces a smile while still making sure not to skip a dance as she seems to have switched to a much faster dance.

"No man is that perfect. Unless I'm wrong, just say it." She shrugs her shoulders and he chuckles as he presses his lips together.

"Why should a man tell his secrets?" He grins and she smiles in acknowledgement before leaving his hands and switching partners.