66: Icecream

Leaning against the cold hard wall, Domen cant help but draw his eyes towards Lavender who is sitting on a seat next to the doctor who is making a simple check up on her whilst asking some questions.

What if you are the father?

That questions had been pondering his mind since he's unraveled her lie.

He can ask her about it, but he still remembers how passionately she said she hated him.

Asking her won't get him the answer he's hoping for.

Isn't it better she won't admit it's yours?... After all, you're marrying Evette in three weeks.

Three weeks.

Of course, the wedding hasn't been interrupted in the slightest and his parents are hosting a congratulations banquet days prior to the wedding.

If father finds out-.

"You're under a lot of stress." The doctor says as she lets go of Lavender's hand and reaches for her notepad. "It's not healthy for the fetus this way, Lavender."

Lavender sighs out as she glances down to the floor, getting Domen to simply shift on his spot.

"Your head is hurting, which is a normal pregnancy issue, but severe pains that have no end is because you are worrying too much. Try to encase yourself in an environment of peace and tranquility. Some peaceful yoga would help."

"Okay." Lavender nods her head as she sighs out slowly while running her fingers on her dress. "I'll think about it."

"Failure to do so could put so much stress that complications could occur." The doctor says as she tilts her head slightly to the side. "You could lose it."

Lavender clenches her jaw as she glances down to her laps, feeling as though everything at this point is going to take it away from her.

Even her own body.

"I just didn't sleep that well last night." Lavender points out and the doctor nods her head.

"Did you have a proper meal this morning?" She asks as she scribbles on her notepad.

"I had hot chocolate and donuts brought to me." She nods her head and the doctor furrows her brows at her.

"You didn't eat before leaving home? That's not good for proper development, Lavender. You clearly are going through too much which is a risk."

Lavender sighs out again and glances to the floor, now feeling annoyed that the doctor is getting upset with her.

It's not like it's in her control.

"I'll do better." She nods her head and gets up from the stool. "Thanks, anyway."

With that, she leaves without letting the doctor say any more.

Pregnancy. She's annoyed.

Domen watches as she passes by him with brows pinched to the center of her forehead.

He glances over his shoulder and back to the doctor who is shaking her head while getting up from the seat.

"I've been taking more hours at work all for her." The doctor says as she stares back at Domen. "I can tell she's pregnant at the wrong time. Not for personal reasons, but she's bound to lose that child if she won't stop putting too much stress on herself."

Domen glances down to the floor as he shrugs his shoulders.

"I have no idea what she's going through." He explains as he crosses his arms to his chest. "She hates me."