50: A little something

The day was tiring and long, nothing eventful as always.

His office has gotten quiet since his last goodbye. It's as quiet as he used to love it, though he can't tell why the silence is bothering him too much now than before.

The only sound he could hear is the ticking of the wall clock somewhere in the room with the sound of the desktop's fan running in near silence, but not silent enough.

His eyes wonder his screen just a little longer before he gives in and gets up from his seat, planning to simply head home.

The sudden sound of glass breaking catches him off guard as he redirects his eyes towards the door.

It's nearly nine.

He grabs a pen from his desk and his bag as well as he slowly approaches the door. He peeps through the key hole and doesn't see anything absurd.

Opening the door, he takes careful steps as he scans his surrounding, only to notice Lavender's office lights are still on.

He slithers to the door and peeps into the room, only to notice Lavender gathering pieces of what seems to have been a nightstand, with the wires out in the open and some cut open yet still connected to the socket.

Planning to leave her alone, he suddenly widens his eyes at the sight of her hand gathering the wires to move them aside from the broken glass, missing the open cuts by only a miracle.

He drops his bag and steps into the room with large steps as he gets to her and snatches her hand from the wires, surprising her entirely as he reaches for the socket and unplugs the nightstand.

"Are you insane!?" He hisses as he shoves her hands from him once the danger is cleared. "Turn the damn thing off first."

Lavender watches as he gets up and turns to leave.

She sighs and slightly rolls her eyes as she places her hands to the ground only to curse under her breath when she feels the glass tear into her palm.

As if set free from the prison of soft skin, the blood easily leaks out and onto her new clothes and floor.

She gets to her knees and tries hard to spread out her fingers but nearly cries doing so.

Hearing a whimper behind him, Domen stops at the door and glances over his shoulder, only to notice Lavender's back faced to him now, trying to hide the injury though his eyes easily notice the blood stains on the tiled floor.

"What the h*ll did you do now?" Domen sighs as he walks back to her and squats beside her, getting Lavender to glance up at him.

"Just a small cut. I'll take care of it." Lavender says as she keeps her hand slightly clenched and tucked away from him. "Just leave, sir."

"Just show me." He hisses and grabs her wrist, bringing her hand to him and getting her to whimper in pain at the force that jiggles the piece of glass further into her skin.

Noticing it clearly isn't 'just a small cut', he clenches his jaw and glares down at Lavender.

"You have a death wish, like always." He sighs and grabs the table lamp on her desk, placing it close enough to the edge so he could see. "Stay still, it needs to come out first."

Lavender clenches her free fist as she embraces for the pain while he reaches his hand down to remove the shard of glass.

The moment his fingertip glazes the glass, she reaches out and grabs his hand as she fails to pull her injured hand from him.

"Stop.... It hurts pretty bad." Lavender says as she glances into his eyes. "I'll remove it myself, just go."

"You won't do a proper job, just shut up and let me help." Domen hisses once more, getting Lavender to stare in worry at her hand that is building a small pool of red with the glass coated in it.

Domen carefully reaches down to the glass and tries to tag on it to pull it out but Lavender gasps in pain and grips his wrist once more, now forcefully trying to free her injured arm from him.

"Stop it it hurts!" She hisses as she tries to free herself. "I'll do it myself!"

"You're in a lot of pain, let me just yank it out quickly." Domen says as he tries to stop her from resisting but she insists and struggles pulling herself away. "Look, you're losing blood, let's just get this over with."

Lavender digs her fingers into her thigh as she looks away with slight tears in her eyes.

The pain is now more unbearable than before and it only seems to get worse.

Domen turns his gaze from her and back to the wound, knowing he just needs to pull it out with one tag, though it's now getting harder to see from the blood coating her hand and the glass.

He prepares his fingers above the glass and sighs out shakily as he can see the size of the glass and the amount of pain she should be going through.

It's not a small piece of glass.

Quickly trapping the glass between his fingers, he yanks the piece out in a second but still manages to get Lavender to lightly scream in pain at the sudden pull.

She retreats her hand and sighs in relief that it's not in her skin any more but the fresh wound only grows furious while it pulses.

"T-Thanks." She says shakily as she clenches the wrist of her hurt arm, trying to find a way to stop it from hurting.

Domen drops his gaze from her eyes to her wound and can tell it's still bleeding out.

He glances around the room for anything to wrap her wound but can barely see anything soft enough.

So he yanks his necktie off his neck and holds his hand out for her to give.

She glances up at him, taken back by how he's willing to give up an expensive tie.

Knowing she won't stop leaking out, she hands her hand to his and he carefully wraps the tie around her palm before tightening it at the end, making sure it's sealing the wound entirely.

"You have to head to the hospital to get that checked out." Domen says as he gets up and shoves his hands to his pockets. "Be careful next time. I'm heading home."

Not that she's surprised.

She's more surprised he even helped her when all he's been doing after his last goodbye was to ignore her entirely.